Re: Yes Marion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from www.sd131.k12.id.us on July 16, 1999 at 07:54:54:

In Reply to: Not Marion! posted by Tessa on July 16, 1999 at 06:48:14:

If anyone is going to be his wife, it has to be Marion. I do agree with you on most things, but not that. I think they should start the movie with Sean Patrick Flannery as a younger Indy (mid to late 20's) and tell the real story behind Indy and Marion's relationship that is only hinted at in Raiders. Then when it comes back to the regular Indy age and he is married to Marion. I agree that a realy "all American" Indy theme would be great, but he shouldn't be 57 years old. That doesn't work, because he is only 52 in the framing story of "Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues," and we all know that Harison was made to look quite old and had a full grey beard. So I think it should be durring World War II, the other movies seemed to lead up to this time period, plus their stories lead toward a confrontation of Indy with Nazis (possibly in his own country) when the US is at War with the Nazis.

I kind of like the idea of Indy not looking for some artifact, maybe he would already have it, or maybe he would aquire it from Abner Ravenwood in the little starting sequence with Sean Patrick Flannery and a young Marion. Then the Nazis or somebody with ties in the German SS could lead some sort of secret operations mission inside the US to take this artifact from Indy. So instead of finding an artifact he would already have it and be trying to keep it out of the hands of others. Car chases would follow, maybe some real shootouts, not the point blank--around the cornner--kill 'em all with one burst type shooting of Last Crusade, but some serious shootouts. And maybe, just as a nice little change, do something that realy gets the audience realy tense, not to say the others didn't do that, but I am talking realy tense, and then maybe a jump scene that makes the audience, while tense, jump right out of their chairs. I think a little more of that kind of drama could realy help make a good Indy film without regurgitating the other three. And yet it would be enough like the other three to feel comfortable.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]