Digital tech is not making a real thing for the movie like Indy.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Azuma from h77.s97.ts.hinet.net on July 16, 1999 at 08:30:13:

In Reply to: Re: An opinion about Harrison Ford's age... posted by Willie (I'm not that kinda girl) on July 16, 1999 at 02:55:33:

: : With talk of Indy IV on "Ain't It Cool News" the last few days, I've heard a lot of people commenting on Harrison Ford's age and his ability to keep playing Indiana Jones. So I thought I'd ring in with my opinion on the suitability of a 57 year old man playing a swashbuckling adventurer.
: : Fifty-seven is different for every man and I think Harrison Ford is a lot younger for his age than most men. He still handled the action parts of "Air Force One" and "Six days, Seven Nights" pretty well.
: : I know a guy who's 54 and rides his mountain bike everywhere. He gets banged up and knocked around and he still gets back on it like some kid.
: : There's a guy at my gym whose at least 70 and he can out bench me and I'm 34. he's got biceps like a young guy and a flat stomach. He has more hair than me too which really bugs me.
: : My point is this. Studies show that if you stay active there's very little loss of strength and flexibility with age. Most of the aging we see is because people don't take proper care of themselves. I don't know if Harrison Ford works out but he certainly looks like he takes good care of his body and I bet he could probably do all the stuff from "Last Crusade" and maybe even from "Raiders."
: : Indiana Jones is supposed to be somewhat beat up by his adventures and doesn't go into them the same way that a Rambo or Arnold would and I think the filmmakers will take Ford's age into consideration.
: : The bottom line is that an 80 year old man who stays fit can outdo a 30 year old who doesn't.
: : I'm betting there's more than enough kick left in Harrison Ford for a rip-roaring Indy adventure or two.

: Didn't you people see the phantom menace? If we can digitally creat the stuff that was in tpm, surely we can digitally erase harrison's wrinkles and make him a young Indy again. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]