Why don't you just make a Jack Ryan out of Indy!!??....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from hide14.nhs.uk on July 16, 1999 at 08:34:41:

In Reply to: Re: Yes Marion posted by the Fiddler on July 16, 1999 at 07:54:54:

If this family thing is what you're after watch Jack Ryan films or Air Force One.

Indy's not a family man. He's selfish, goes after what he wants or where the big bucks are.

No flashbacks.. LC started with a flashback. Was ok once.

We don't need to know about past relationships. That was only in Raiders to establish the link between Indy & Marion and not have them as "just met" (as Willie in TOD) and the audience wondering why they bonded so well.

I don't think an "all american adventure" fits in with the international travels of Indy. There would be many limitations to a story set in his homeland. However it can't be dismissed altogether.

If we are to "watch the stars and desert" then it's either aliens or Stargate all over again. That's not the true spirit of real adventure serials.

I'm having severe doubts wether there should be a fourth Indy. If there has to be, I don't think they can detract too much from the other 3 movies. Otherwise we might not connect easily with the character. The fourth movie also shouldn't be just answers to the many questions we all have. I say go back to the spirit of Raiders. LC almost touched on it. But given another opportunity, I think a movie could be done as good as Raiders. Just my opinion...

However, I trust what Lucas, Spielberg, Ford and the scriptwriter will do with Indy IV will be ok on the night...

Regards,

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: