Re: Why not Marisa Tomea' From the movie My cousin Vinny with Joe Pesci.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vince... from 1Cust61.tnt12.alameda.ca.da.uu.net on July 16, 1999 at 18:24:27:

In Reply to: Why don't you just make a Jack Ryan out of Indy!!??.... posted by Brian on July 16, 1999 at 08:34:41:

: If this family thing is what you're after watch Jack Ryan films or Air Force One.

: Indy's not a family man. He's selfish, goes after what he wants or where the big bucks are.

: No flashbacks.. LC started with a flashback. Was ok once.

: We don't need to know about past relationships. That was only in Raiders to establish the link between Indy & Marion and not have them as "just met" (as Willie in TOD) and the audience wondering why they bonded so well.

: I don't think an "all american adventure" fits in with the international travels of Indy. There would be many limitations to a story set in his homeland. However it can't be dismissed altogether.

: If we are to "watch the stars and desert" then it's either aliens or Stargate all over again. That's not the true spirit of real adventure serials.

: I'm having severe doubts wether there should be a fourth Indy. If there has to be, I don't think they can detract too much from the other 3 movies. Otherwise we might not connect easily with the character. The fourth movie also shouldn't be just answers to the many questions we all have. I say go back to the spirit of Raiders. LC almost touched on it. But given another opportunity, I think a movie could be done as good as Raiders. Just my opinion...

: However, I trust what Lucas, Spielberg, Ford and the scriptwriter will do with Indy IV will be ok on the night...

: Regards,

: Brian

I could see that.That wouldn't be bad.You know the actress fom my cousin Vinny.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]