Two hilarious observations when seeing Raiders on the big screen!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from port5.westworld.ca on July 18, 1999 at 16:14:32:

I saw the midnight screening of Raiders last night. Though the print I was shown had seen better days, I thoroughly enjoyed it nevertheless (there seemed to be a lot of cut frames and the audience chuckled whenever that happened, however the action sequences were beautifully intact and looked excellent on the big screen). Anyway, my hilarious observation is at the truck scene when Indy is going after the truck on horse. When you see the shot of a bunch of Nazi's in the back of the truck sitting next to the Ark. Well, on the big screen, you see a lot more of them and they are moving their heads around. It looks so much like they were jamming to some music. I laughed my head off to that. I swear they look like they should have some headphones from a Walkmen or something. That was so funny! Also, in the scene just before Marion and Indy board the ship there's a bunch of guys singing and clapping as this weird guy dancing like an exotic dancer. I never understood this until now!!! I turned to my brother and his friend Jeff and said, "Those guys couldn't afford to have a woman dance so they got that guy to dance instead" James and Jeff laughed their heads off uncontrollably. I think the guys behind us heard what I said and they were laughing their heads off, too. James laughed 'til he cried. Just thought I'd share that with you.

BTW, the theatre was extremely packed. Way more than the Last Crusade screening, where it was only 1/3 full. At the theatre I chatted with this guy in front of me who seemed to be a real big Indy fan. Just as big as us. He knew all the behind-the-scenes stuff and seemed very knowledgable of the Indy saga. AND as the credits rolled at the end, the guys who were sitting behind us said to each other: "Oh, man! Can you wait for Indy 4 in 2001?" Man this was a diehard crowd! I even saw someone wearing a fedora to the screening. The experience was unbelievable!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]