IndyGear and Wested Jackets...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from tweedledum.its.utas.edu.au on July 18, 1999 at 16:21:58:

Hi folks,

I was asked by those at IndyGear to post an e-mail I wrote to them a short while back:

> Howdy.
>
> I was reading up on the WESTED JACKET on your site and found something contrary to what Peter Botwright told me in an e-mail just today. My message and his reply are below:
>
> >Hi there.
> >
> >I am very keen in ordering a RAIDERS JACKET (by this I mean a replica of the one worn in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK) for my 21st. I just have a few questions:
> >
> >I was wondering what hide and lining was used in the origional jacket for the film? I would be ordering a jacket made from exactly the same materials as used in the film (you see, I'm an INDIANA JONES fan and particular to detail).
> >
> >I really appreciate your time in answering my questions. I think it's great that you're still making these jackets and I look forward to placing an official order with you soon!
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Rob Davies
> >---
> >
> >Dear Rob
> >The original jacket and the jacket we make are not hise but a sift lambskin and the lining in the film was cotton silesia.
>
> Anyhow, Peter mentions a cotton lining in the jacket and your website tells of a silk lining (http://www.indygear.com/faq.htm#jacket). Now I'm confused! Would you guys be able to clarify this...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob Davies
> ---
>
> P.S.: GREAT job on the website, by the way!

Can anyone clarify whether or not the origional jacket had a silk or cotton lining?

Feedback is appreciated (and will be posted at IndyGear).

Cheers,

Rob
---

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: