Be glad they didn't change it to something stupider like Invaders of the missing covenant (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from 209.5.179.17 on July 19, 1999 at 00:29:56:

In Reply to: You can't just change the title of one of the greatest films of all time! It has to be RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - nothing more. (nm) posted by Rob on July 18, 1999 at 16:32:20:

: : First of all I would like to say that it is no big deal to add Indiana Jones and the... to Raiders, though I could do without it. It's not necessary. However, I also think it's no big deal for the title change. Afterall, they're not changing the movie. It's not like Lucas went back and changed Indy's fedora to a pink frilly hat. It's nothing sinful or stupid like that. I sometimes think that some forum members can be a bit whiny at times. I hear people moaning and complaining in the past months for Indy in widescreen and THX, and how Lucas constantly overlooks this trilogy. Well now Lucas will bring this to us, but I still see big complaints charged against Lucas. It's as if you resent the creator. Awhile back, some joker posted an untrue news about Lucas cancelling the production of the Wested jacket. When that happened people pounced on him without giving this news a second thought. Then when it was confirmed that he wasn't cancelling the jackets at all, but still people were mad at Lucas. I often think of the scene in Blade Runner where replicant Roy Batty meets his maker Dr. Tyrell. He wants his life extended but Tyrell says he can't do this. Then Roy Batty brutally murders him. I often put this scene in my head only I put Lucas and a bitter Indyfan in this position. What I'm saying is be thankful for what we're given in the Indy world and are about to be given.

: : I hope this makes sense to you people reading it. It's early in the morning for me and I'm quite tired. I apologise if it seems incomprehensible, but I hope you see my point.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]