To Brett (Yasim) Lambert

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 19, 1999 at 04:27:58:

When I say I've seen "Raiders" thirty times in the theatre you have to remember that the movies almost twenty years old. I saw it ten times the summer it was released and several times each chance I've had in the years since. Since it played here a few weeks ago for a limited engagement (one week) and I knew it might be another year before I could see it again, I went out of my way to see it as much as possible.
I can't say it's "better" each time I see it but you do get a chance to see things that you might have missed before. I find myself looking more at the edges of some scenes (like looking around Indy's livingroom when he's talking to Marcus) and trying to pick up clues about Indy's personality from the surroundings.
There's also something to be said for being the most knowledgable person in the theatre. This isn't necessarily true but it feels that way. You know every line of dialogue and can predict every laugh and every gasp. I always wait for the audience reaction when Belloq swallows the fly.

It's not unusual for me to see a movie lots of times and could count a dozen movies I've seen on the big screen ten or more times.
Even though I didn't like "Phantom Menace" as much as I wish I had, I've seen it twice and will probably see it a total of four times before the year is out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]