I hope not!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on July 19, 1999 at 06:59:23:

In Reply to: NEW Indy IV news from AICN........... posted by Mike on July 19, 1999 at 05:50:19:

: Harry over at Aint It Cool News posted some more Indy IV news today, but the surprice here is that it's all new news. We can now add the title 'Indiana Jones and the Red Scare' to the list of rumored titles, and a new plot line. Also, the scopper claims this is the real deal. This is what Lucas and McCallum have been talkign about.

:
: "Makman here Harry. Been reading all the Indy IV rumors and just can't keep my silence anymore. I work at (Deleted San Francisco Company Name) in the production offices and have been privy to many discussions regarding the next intallment of the Indy chronicles. The film is at least 2-3 years from actual production. Wouldn't even get a start until after Episode 2 wraps in the spring of 2002. The scripts mentioned are nothing close to the actual storyline that has been placed on the fast track. There is no script only a treatment - twelve pages in length. But it is being treated as something Indy himself would spend two hours looking for. The treatment title is 'Indiana Jones and the Red Scare'.

: It takes place in the early fifties, Indy is retired from galavnting across the globe. He is the department chair of the archeology department at Princeton. Henry Jones Sr. is gravely ill and lives with Indy in their modest home just off of campus. Papa Jones has maybe six months to live. He has a live-in nurse. Indy and weathered very much looking his age. He longs for excitement but knows his days are over. He wants to marry, pass on the Jones name. He spends most of his time with his father and a middle-aged history professor named Gladys, who's affection he wins from another colleague at a faculty dinner - a hilarious opening sequence in the true Indy form.

: The jest of the story has Indy being retained by the Eisenhower Administration to assit the government with obtaining information about the Russians retrivial of some dubious artifacts found in Hitler's bunker after the raid on Berlin. Hitler as we know was into the occult and it seems Russia is now in possession of all the documents and oddites found with the Nazi Fueher. Sallah returns. And Indy's new lady friend is a blacklisted author well versed in the occult and deemed a Communist."

:
: I don't know about this one. Sounds very fake to me, but you never know.

: -Mike

I hope that it's not true. For one, I would hope that production on it would start much earlier. And two, I doubt that Lucas, Speilberg, and co. would want to make it that controversial and (quite frankly) that depressing. :(

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]