Re: Is Wested the real deal?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 19, 1999 at 19:49:36:

In Reply to: Re: Is Wested the real deal? posted by Ty Smith on July 19, 1999 at 16:54:28:

: The name in the flight jacket book was of a woman named Deborah Nadoolman,and the book claimed she was Spielberg's costume designer.

: The book was titled "Hell Bent for Leather - The Saga of the A-2 and G-1 Flight Jacket," by Derek Parsons and Dave Nelson.

: It does seem, though, that what Wested claims does not entirely contradict her story. They certainly seem to have a good pedigree, and if those of you have the jacket are satisfied, I think I will get one.

: By the way, I have had a Cooper Indy since the Last Crusade and it is doing just fine, thank you. As a purist, though, I want the real deal. My Cooper is too light a color now with all the fading.

I read that too, but on the contrary, it does seem to contradict the Wested story, as they state that they pulled the A-2 design from the Wested line used in the Memphis Bell movie, and with Harrison Ford's involvement, made the changes to the Memphis Bell patterns of Wested to create the needs of the Indiana Jones character, specifically the side slits to allow for the flap revolver and the whip. Where did she fit into the mix? This story is not only in the official Wested story, but is also repeated in the interview of Peter in the CBC broadcast of last year. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]