Re: Paramount announces DVD support

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 28, 1998 at 14:47:52:

In Reply to: Re: Paramount announces DVD support posted by Patrick Bauer on April 28, 1998 at 14:21:50:

: : Paramount pictures has announced its support of open DVDs. Of course Paramount is the studio that released all the Indy movies, so we should see at least Raiders out by the end of the year...

: : IF

: : ...Spielberg doesn't stop it. Spielberg has said many times he doesn't think DVD is ready and is holding back all the movies he has control of from release on DVD.

: I don't understand, why is it that Spielberg does not think DVD is ready yet? I just purchased a unit and I think it is amazing.

Could be from the false start years ago of the 12" video disc that came out before it was ready for the public. It just didn't fly with consumers. You can buy 12" discs at Media Max for next to nothing right now. There are no takers. I currently have a Pioneer 12" video player I inherited from a department here at the university still in the box, and don't have any use for it what so ever. I think DVD is under that old shadow. Owners of movie's are a bit reluctant to invest in the release of their product with a new technology that has a limited track record. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]