Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Monkey Man want him from ip087.slc.quik.com on July 19, 1999 at 22:37:59:

I don't not like this idea of of re-naming "Raiders". I certainly hope the change will appear only on the box and other promotional material, and that they haven't touched the film itself. This is my favorite movie of all time we're talking about here. A perfect movie, without a single flaw. To change it in even the slightest way would be wrong. Now, as for the "Red Scare" thing on "Ain't it Cool News", I personally like the idea better than the other rumors I've heard, and I don't really think it sounds more Bond or Jack Ryan than Indy. The communist paranoia of the '50s is a logical successor to the Nazi paranoia of the '30s. Just picture the opening with Indy teaching, and someone (obviously not Marcus Brody since Denholm Elliot is dead) comes to tell him somebody from the government is there to see him. And it's Colonel Musgrove and Major Eaton! The "bureaucratic fools"want him to go after these artifacts, and he's off on another trip all over the world Sounds like an "Indiana Jones" movie to me. Of course, what it all comes down to is that I trust George Lucas, Harrison Ford, and most of all the great Steven Spielberg. If they all agree on a script, I have faith it will be a good one. And as hard as it is to wait ("Indy IV" is even bigger to me than "Star Wars - Episode I" was), I'm glad they're taking the time to make sure it's done right, instead of just rushing to get something out and making something inferior, like we've all seen done with so many lesser film franchises.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]