Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 19, 1999 at 23:44:59:

In Reply to: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!! posted by The Monkey Man want him on July 19, 1999 at 22:37:59:

I wouldn't be so quick to trust George Lucas or even Steven Spielberg for that matter.
We've seen the travesty that the "Star Wars" movies have become. I know many on this forum don't agree that "Phantom Menace" is a mess but you can't ignore the large number of people who were disappointed in it.
The title change for "Raiders" shows that Lucas is not above messing around with Indy in the same way he did with the "Star Wars" films.
As for Spielberg, he's shown a proclivity for filming sequels that are not up to par with the originals. Look at "Jurassic Park, The Lost World." An inferior sequel.
In my opinion, and I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but the sequels for "Raiders" are pale shadows of the original as well. "Raiders" is perfect in every way and is one of the greatest films ever made but the two sequels disappointed me greatly. I just saw "Last Crusade" over the weekend. It was the first time I'd seen it since '89 and I was not enthralled by it the way I was with "Raiders."
I've seen "Raiders" over thirty times and I could watch it another thirty and still find new things to enjoy. I can't imagine sitting through the other two so many times.
I do hope they make another Indy flick and I'll be there on opening day hoping for another masterpiece but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be another disappointment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]