Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from sallah.indyfan.com on July 20, 1999 at 06:58:10:

In Reply to: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!! posted by The Monkey Man want him on July 19, 1999 at 22:37:59:

: I don't not like this idea of of re-naming "Raiders". I certainly hope the change will appear only on the box and other promotional material, and that they haven't touched the film itself. This is my favorite movie of all time we're talking about here. A perfect movie, without a single flaw. To change it in even the slightest way would be wrong.

I agree. Someone else, though I can't remember where I read it, made a good point that Indy was one of the Ark's "raiders" so he should not be set apart in the title.

:Now, as for the "Red Scare" thing on "Ain't it Cool News", I personally like the idea better than the other rumors I've heard, and I don't really think it sounds more Bond or Jack Ryan than Indy. The communist paranoia of the '50s is a logical successor to the Nazi paranoia of the '30s.

But there is absolutely no archaeological context. The Russians already have the items. There will be no trail of historical clues to find the objects, no race of wits and daring to find them. The Soviets would probably have them locked away in some vault. Why even send Indy? Just send a spy to steal them, and have Indy appraise them back in the states.

I agree that the Soviets would make fine villains, but I just don't feel that this plotline has all the right pieces for an Indy adventure.

Just my opinion,
Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: