Re: Raiders retitled...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 20, 1999 at 07:54:49:

In Reply to: Raiders retitled... posted by Brian on July 20, 1999 at 03:34:59:

: First of all, Raiders SHOULD NOT be renamed. Anyone who went to see Raiders of The Lost Ark when it first came out would understand that. It wasn't long ago when some on the forum agreed that the "Indiana Jones and the..." titles were overdone with 2 movies and if there was to be a 4th movie, then it should not be "Indiana Jones and the..." but something more like the original Raiders title.

: Secondly, and I'm not "attacking" George Lucas or Lucasfilm, I think the retitle will create a "collectable" in the original Raiders movie. This won't be intentional by Lucasfilm because they won't gain. But I think a lot of dealers will hike the price of the original Raiders as a discontinued product. This of course is good news too for all owners of the original.

: Thoughts anyone?

: Regards,
: Brian

I said this below, but maybe it was to far down...I personally think it was a purely business decision. In any serch of the web that you do, if you type in "Indiana Jones" in a search, Raiders does NOT come up, since IJ is not in the title. I believe that it's simply to tie the name to the original title and have all three movies pop up in any electronic search. I don't think there is anything sinister about it at all. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]