Well then...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 20, 1999 at 07:58:48:

In Reply to: Re: My opinion. posted by Shade on July 20, 1999 at 02:28:57:

: : My Wested is the lambskin version. It is every bit as "heavy and tough" as the ones I found at the mall. I havent done the extreme things to it though as it sounds you are going to do. But for everyday wear and brushing up against a few "goons" you wont have any problem with it. If you are going to go "and beat the hell out of it" you should consider an old military field jacket instead. You can pick them up for $20-30 all day long, and they'll last a lifetime. Danno

: Well, I don't plan on stabbing or gouging it, or anything, but I would want to travel in it, through all manner of climes, and I'm not sure if it's something that I would have to constantly worry about ruining. I'm not just buying it because it's a Indy Jones collector's item - I want to use it. Granted, I won't be forced to tussle with Nazis, but I'd like to know whether the thing will tear under circumstances that a regular jacket wouldn't.

Well, put that way, the answer is , go ahead and buy the lambskin with complete confidence. That's how I use mine, and it's held up perfectly. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]