Re: Paramount announces DVD support

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by raider from dal41-19.ppp.iadfw.net on April 28, 1998 at 16:20:14:

In Reply to: Paramount announces DVD support posted by Dominic Casario on April 28, 1998 at 10:44:55:

: Paramount pictures has announced its support of open DVDs. Of course Paramount is the studio that released all the Indy movies, so we should see at least Raiders out by the end of the year...

: IF

: ...Spielberg doesn't stop it. Spielberg has said many times he doesn't think DVD is ready and is holding back all the movies he has control of from release on DVD.

well, despite amazing picture clarity, sound, and other options available on dvd, there are flaws that still need to be corrected with this format. one obvious flaw i noticed was its treatment of darkness. darker areas (i.e. shadows) tend to be fuzzy, and blocky. also some dvd sites are now listing various flaws specific to certain movies. it seems that future discs will also be capable of holding more hrs which may require a new dvd player model or an expensive upgrade of existing models. of course, this is just what i've read so i won't pretend to be an expert. however, for now, these movies are probably best for laserdisc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]