Very true...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 20, 1999 at 10:22:03:

In Reply to: "We're caught in the middle of something sinister here...." posted by Skipmeister Jones on July 20, 1999 at 10:12:11:

: Sinister, no. But sentimentality of having Raiders kept as Raiders is the real issue here. I was always thinking to have a better sounding title, just drop the IJ from the others to make it sound less campy.

: But business is business.

: ~Skip
...but the cold hard facts are in your last sentence. The more Indy related items that the companies are able to move off their shelves, the more items they're more likely to offer because of the interest and the profit margins they'll enjoy, and THAT is what keeps the gears greased. As things stand, personally I think a sentiment is great, but in order to keep the franchise from fading from the catalogs, change anything they want, just keep the items coming. WE know the real story as to what started the whole franchise! I guess I'm just getting more tolerant of these changes as I get older. 10 years ago I'd have personally led the charge up the hill against this. I'm now just more concerned that the steam get built up again in the industry to keep the thing going. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]