Re: Recent Indy theatre experience

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 21, 1999 at 02:23:58:

In Reply to: Recent Indy theatre experience posted by ...whiskey on July 21, 1999 at 01:55:50:

Nice story. I love little thaetres like that. Ones that aren't part of a big chain and where the owner is the same guy who sells you your ticket. Those guys are usually knowledgable about old films and love to talk movies.
I don't think I've ever been to a theatre that had fresh-squeezed lemonade. Wow.
From your story it doesn't sound like they had much of a crowd though. Almost like the three of you were their only customers. Maybe that's why they couldn't stay in business.

There's a theatre here in Kansas City that used to be a five-screen but was driven out of business by the new 20 screen megaplex nearby. I don't know why some of these places don't just convert to classic moviehouses and compete by showing films like "Raiders" and old classics. With their superior customer service and giving people a chance to see movies they may never have seen except on video I think they could compete with the megaplexes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]