Re: Recent Indy theatre experience

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from spider-wc084.proxy.aol.com on July 21, 1999 at 06:08:03:

In Reply to: Re: Recent Indy theatre experience posted by ROB T. on July 21, 1999 at 02:23:58:

: Nice story. I love little thaetres like that. Ones that aren't part of a big chain and where the owner is the same guy who sells you your ticket. Those guys are usually knowledgable about old films and love to talk movies.
: I don't think I've ever been to a theatre that had fresh-squeezed lemonade. Wow.
: From your story it doesn't sound like they had much of a crowd though. Almost like the three of you were their only customers. Maybe that's why they couldn't stay in business.

That's not far from the truth. Actually, they had 2 screens in the theatre, at the time one was showing a current film with a decent crowd and the other had Raiders which had a crowd of about 8 that night.

: There's a theatre here in Kansas City that used to be a five-screen but was driven out of business by the new 20 screen megaplex nearby. I don't know why some of these places don't just convert to classic moviehouses and compete by showing films like "Raiders" and old classics. With their superior customer service and giving people a chance to see movies they may never have seen except on video I think they could compete with the megaplexes.

I would love to see that...get some snese of history to all of it. Anyone who's been to the Chinese theatre or Mann's Westwood village knows the feeling I'm talking about. Even if they had one current, one classic I think they'd do OK. It's always been a dream of mine to open a REAL movie house...perhaps someday.

Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]