Re: Willis & Geiger/ Lands End alert!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8vu.dialup.mindspring.com on July 21, 1999 at 12:03:08:

In Reply to: Willis & Geiger/ Lands End alert! posted by Michaelson on July 21, 1999 at 10:24:55:

: Just recieved a reply from Lands End to my inquiry regarding the future of the Willis and Geiger clothing line, specifically, did Lands End plan to incorporate it into their clothing line. I received a very nice reply stating their senior management was currently considering the possibility, but no decision had been made yet. They thanked me, and said they would forward my email to the deciding parties for consideration. For anyone who now has or ever wanted the quality of the Willis and Geiger line I HIGHLY suggest you send an email to shoppers@landsend.com and let them know of your interest in seeing this line added to their catalog. If nothing is said at this time, I'm afraid we've seen the last of this great institution's clothing that harks back to the time of the great explorers and adventures, such as Indiana Jones, as Lands End won't do anything if they don't see a return in profits. Heads up forum! Regards. Michaelson

Sent them an email. Personally, if I had the money, I'd love to buy the name and the clothing patterns from them and start W&G again as an independent company. I wish I got one of their horsehide A-2s before the went away.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: