Re: Are the Stetson temple,ark and indy hats $90 from the stetson factory outlet like they are from millerhats??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry Jones jr. from 195.7.37.242 on July 21, 1999 at 12:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: Is it hard to shape the stetson nostalgia and how do you do it?? posted by Michaelson on July 21, 1999 at 12:07:47:

: :
: : Ive been told by a lot of people that the stetson nostalgia is the
: : best alternative to the hj for under $50.
: : However i have no clue how to shape the hat and if i could do
: : it correctly.
: : Is it hard?
: : Because i dont want to buy a hat and make a mess of it

: : but i dont have the funds to pay $100+ for one.

: : can anyone give me any advice????

: No problem on the reshaping, as the neat thing about a fur felt is that it is so forgiving in terms of shaping and reshaping. If you don't like what you've done, just start over. No problem. Some folks here (me included) usually just heavily wet the hat in the area you plan to shape, slowly form the creases and dents where you want them then allow your hat to dry naturally on a hat rack or hook. Luger's fedora page is a great location to look at, as it has ALL the pictures of every type style Indy had on his head in all three movies. You can find his link from the IndyGear web page (now how's THAT for a sneaky way of advertising a web page??!!) Just take your time, get the idea of what you're going for, they just dive on in. It's easy! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]