Re: Information on tie, sword, pocket knife

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8c4.dialup.mindspring.com on July 21, 1999 at 15:17:54:

In Reply to: Information on tie, sword, pocket knife posted by Indiana on July 21, 1999 at 13:56:21:

:
: I have found that a U.S. Military tie is perfect for the Indiana Jones outfit. It is made of black wool and is of the classic 1930's - 1940's era just like Indy's. You can get these from any military supplier.

: His 'sword' from Temple of Doom, is just a 22 inch long machette. As soon as I find a place that sells these ( I have been searching for quite some time ) I will post it on this forum. I have found a website- http://www.imsplus.com/ims8a.html -that sells an 18" as well as a 22" long machette that is exactly like Indy's except these are carbon steel blades (meaning there black blades) instead of Indy's shiny.

: As for Indy's pocketknife from Raiders, it is a single-bladed black knife approximately 3-4 inches long. This I have no clue where to get.

: Anyone that has any information regarding these items at all, or any others for that matter, please list a posting in reply to this.

: Fellow Indiana Jones fan,
: Indiana

I'm not sure Indy's machete is the same as the current issue military machete. I would have to get a closer look at the handle.

Also, I was looking at a black military tie in an Army surplus store recently, but I thought it was too narrow. His tie seemed wider at the bottom to me.

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]