Is this the Khyber-Bowie knife you are referring to?(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8o2.dialup.mindspring.com on July 21, 1999 at 17:15:24:

In Reply to: Information on sword, pocket knife posted by Johnson on July 21, 1999 at 15:39:21:

: I happen to be a knife collector of sorts, and from what I can tell by the color of indy's pocket knife, it looks like an Old Timer brand. I have one that looks pretty close to it except that it has two blades. You should be able to find a look alike at any store that sells knives.

: As for the ToD Sword, there are a lot of places on the net that say they sell "props" of it, but I know for a fact that United cultery sells a sword that is officially licensed by Lucasfilm. It is supposed to be a fancy version of the Temple of Doom sword. It is 23 inches long and has Indiana Jones's signature on the blade. It has a brass and wood handle with snakes engraved on it, with an eagles head at the end. It looks really cool, a true Indy collecors item.
: So far, there have been 2 editions of the sword. The 1st edition came out in the mid to late 80's. It came with a leather case for the sword. This edition is very hard to find, but I might know where to find a couple. The 2nd edition comes with a plaque to hang your sword on. It has 3 gold pictures of Indy from the 3 different movies stamped on it. This is still available at certain knife shops, or you could call United Cutlery. Both come with a certificate of authenticity.

: For more info, contact me here at the forum. IndyFriend, Johnson.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]