Re: Possible cheap pants solution

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 21, 1999 at 18:46:02:

In Reply to: Possible cheap pants solution posted by ...whiskey? on July 21, 1999 at 17:49:05:

: Hi all,

: I was just thumbing through an LL Bean catalogue and I think I may have found a decent pair of Indy pants at a reasonable price ($46.00)
: There are several versions of these pants (called "Dress Chinos")
: To my eye, the most accurate combo is as follows:
: Classic fit, pleated with no cuffs, in Toupe. Item # UU25439 pleated

: The "Classic Fit" is more straight legged and the available pleats that face INSIDE.
: As far as I can tell from the pics, the classic fit also has different(more accurate) pocket flaps in the back.

: They are available cotton/poly blend or cotton.
: I chose the "Toupe" color because it seems very close to the color from Raiders. They also had a dark Kahki which some of you might prefer...though this particular color didn't look very close to me.(every company has a different color for Kahki!)

: Go to www.llbean.com and type in the Item # to get a look at em.

: Of course, I've only just ordered them and I'll post a review once I get em next week.

: Anyone else seen these? LMK your thoughts if you get to see the pics on their website.
: Regards
: Tom

I've worn them for years, though in khaki colored. They're excellen and tough pants, though do not have the rear pocket flaps as to the original pants. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with their quality. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]