How 'bout this for Chapter 14 of Tessa and the Stranger on the Plane?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from www.sd131.k12.id.us on July 22, 1999 at 08:11:50:

: : : Chapter 14 [Nightmares] (by the Fiddler and Deirdre)

(this part by the Fiddler)

While swimming peacefuly in the waters near the boat the Man with the Hat (still wearing his hat of course) looked up as Tessa, who had started to get up.
"Coming In?" he quaried.
"No." She replied simply, but with no emotion.
"C'mon, it feels great!"
"I'm sure it does." Again she spoke without emotion, but this time she did is as she pulled her pistol from her pocket.
"Sh****t! Don't shoot me! Please don't shoot me! I'll tell you why I impersonated Goodsport, just pleeeaase don't shoot me."
As Tessa took aim the Man with the Hat closed his eyes and prepared to die.
The crack of the pistol marked his end, he saw blood in the water around him and figured this is how death must be, eventhough he couldn't feel any pain. Suddenly a hand grabed him under one arm and started to heave him out of the water.
"Your not dead you idiot! Now help ME get YOU out of the water!"
Suddenly The Man with the Hat realized he was still alive! Pulling himself into the raft he sat down suddenly exhausted.
"What the hell did you do that for? If you realy wanted me to talk you could have just pointed it at me?"
Smiling slyly Tessa answered: "I wasn't trying to get you to do anything. I was just keeping you from getting chewed up."
"What the?..." he blurted, suddenly realizing where the blood must have come from. Sure enough, when he looked into the water where he had just been swimming he saw a fair amount of blood, and not far away the fin of a shark swimming directly away from them, mixing red blood with the blue of it's wake.

---

"Nooooo!" she cried out bursting into conciousness. Suddenly several nurses and a doctor were surrounding her, hands poised to hold her down should she make some violent action.... Then conciousness faded and soon she was sleeping peacefuly again.

Several hours later Deirdre became concious again, only this time it came slowly and without the horrible dream. Then she heard a voice, it spoke in her native language.
"You had a nasty fall young lady!"
"Wha... wher... where a a aaaamm I?" Deirdre queried.
"Somebody decided they didn't like you, took a shot at you while you were standing on the top of the Petronas Twin Towers." Said a white haired, old Malaysian doctor.
"I remember falling... and then, and then."
"You where hit" he continued, picking up where he left off "--though luckily it went clean through you just to the left of your stomach which is a nonvital area--the bullet spun you around and you lost your balance, falling backward off the tower. But you got lucky today, some guy parked his convertable just where you happened to land. One in a million chance! Though you did break your leg over his door."
"I ought to sue!" she said, smilling; which showed the doctor she realy was going to be alright. Then flashbacks came... things that didn't fit into the story this doctor had just told her. Suddenly her smile disapeared and the doctors face became concerned.
"But... I... I was."
"Oh, that, you had some bad dreams while you were unconcious. You see with your fall, the bullet wound, the antibiotics, and the painkiller your sleep wasn't exacltly peaceful and you sleptalked, so I think I know mostly what you were dreaming, don't worry, it was all a dream."
"Bu... but..."
"No" the doctor consoled, smiling "you aren't a clone, that was just your brains way of explaining the fact that you are still alive.... By the way they guy whos car you landed in wants you to pay for damages, you know the blood all over the leather seat and stuff."

-----

(this part by Deirdre)

In the meanwhile agents Jerico and Meg were sorting through information in the Indyfan.com.

"According to this, the last forum novel was IJ and the Aztec Spear,"Indiana Jerico said, clicking away on his laptop.

"But there's still another one going on: IJ & The scrolls of the Prophet"Meg interrupted, leaning over in her seat and pointing at a recent post.

"Yes, that's true."Short Round said.
"I thought you didn't read them?" Goodsport raised a mocking brow.
He grinned back, shrugging,"Yeah but I see 'em posted on the forum!"

Indiana Jerico, put his chin in his hand and wrinkled his brows,"The Scrolls of the Prophet have nothing to do with this."

"How could you be so sure?!"
"I am so sure, MissMeg"Indiana Jerico said matter-of-factly, "because the DWO (*Dark World Order) are after TESSA... and as you might have overseen, the only people who have contributed to this forum novel are a certain Man in the Hat and Deirdre Campbell, the latter who just contributed a measly Prologue."

"But--"
"He's right!"Goodsport confirmed."It's clear that they are after Tessa. She must have hit a soft spot with her forum novels!"
"But what did she discover?!"
He sighed. "Too bad we didn't read those forum novels."

"Well,"Meg smiled,"it's never too late to catch up!"
She stood-up opened the baggage compartment over their heads and took out her attache case. "Here!" She slipped out 3 thick black Herlitz folders and threw each guy a copy,"We have,"checking her gold Rolex,"about 5 hours till we land in Poland's capital."

----

Somebody write the next one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: