Chapters 12-15 of Tessa and The Stranger in the Plane (Revised)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from 216.32.185.198 on July 22, 1999 at 10:15:57:

Here are the rest of the chapters so far. :)

Sorry about the italics mistake the last time. :(

:-----

: Chapter 12 [Killing Time] (written by Deirdre)

: The Atlantic sun was shining mercilessly on them. Tessa wished she had brought along her suntan lotion(about the only thing she hadn't brought along in her bag...who would've thought she'd we plane-wrecked in the middle of the atlantic?!).
: The Man in the Hat lay lazily beside her and Tessa couldn't help but chuckle; to think that when she first had seen him she secretly had wished to be marooned out somewhere with this hunk of a man... but NOT like this!

: He STILL hadn't had told her why he had pretended to be Goodsport.
: Sighing Tessa sat back and dozed-off, pushing all her problems out of her mind.

: - - -

: "May I have your tickets, Sir?" an attractive Malasian woman in a stewardess's uniform held out her hand at the boarding gate.

: James Lambert handed her his and the Fiddlers tickets. The Fiddler winked at the girl but his attempt at flirting was futile; she just looked at him fleetingly and uninterstingly glanced away. Damn.

: "So, what has Madame Deirdre told you so far?" James asked his colleage as they entered the plane.

: "About all there is to know."

: "Which is?"

: "All." the Fiddler checked his seat number and sat down by the window.

: James rolled his eyes and took the aisle seat.Not only do I get to go and assassinate someone, but I get some James Bond for an accomplice who's as talkative as a rock!

: Several minutes later, the plane started moving and took off. By the time it was in the air, James had fallen asleep, tired of the earlier event's in his day. His dreams were sweet: a beautiful belly dancer was dancing before him... on second thought she looked awfully a lot like his twin Jim Carib...

: Deirdre sat motionless on the rooftop of the second tower of the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur , staring down into the abyss. She loved heights and couldn't help marvel at how beautiful and perfect the world looked from up here. Athough some ancient fortune teller had told her once that "...beware of heights, this will be your end!", she just couldn't stay away.

: Some floors below her a sharp-shooter was positioning his gun. He fired.
: Momentarily he heard a scream and a figure falling down the 88-story building.
: He smiled smugly to himself.

: ------

: Chapter 13 [Send in the Clones] (written by The Man with the Hat)

: Michaelson walked into the bright sunshine of the day, shielding his eyes.
: As he did, he caught the glimpse of an object fast approaching from above him.
: Michaelson quickly stepped aside as the body of Deirdre fell to the sidewalk. battered and broken on the pavement.
: The man didn't bother to check vitol signs as Micah exited the building beside him.
: "She's dead," Michaelson said.
: "Too bad," Micah said, a smile threatening to transform into an all out laugh. "Activate the cloning machine."

: The raft had been drifting for what seemed like days. The Man with the Hat took his hat off and wiped the sweat from his brow.
: "Damn!,"The Man with the Hat said," It's hot as Hell here."
: Tessa said,"You have a definite talent for understatement."
: "Too hot for me," said The Man with the Hat as he stripped off his shirt.
: "What are you doing?" Tessa asked.
: "Cooling off," he said, as he flipped himself over the side of the boat and into the water.
: The ocean felt so good!!
: The Man with the Hat didn't see the shark's fin rise from the water about a hundred yards away.

: The machine hummed as Michaelson and Micah stood and observed. Lights flashed as the cloning machine ended its cycle. A door slid open, and a conveyer brought forth an exact replica of Deirdre, naked as the day she was born.
: "Perfection," Michaelson said of the clone.
: "Thank you," Deirdre's doppleganger said.' You're not so bad, yourself."

: -----

Chapter 14 [Nightmares] (written by the Fiddler & Deirdre)

: While swimming peacefuly in the waters near the boat the Man with the Hat (still wearing his hat of course) looked up as Tessa, who had started to get up.
: "Coming In?" he quaried.
: "No." She replied simply, but with no emotion.
: "C'mon, it feels great!"
: "I'm sure it does." Again she spoke without emotion, but this time she did is as she pulled her pistol from her pocket.
: "Sh****t! Don't shoot me! Please don't shoot me! I'll tell you why I impersonated Goodsport, just pleeeaase don't shoot me."
: As Tessa took aim the Man with the Hat closed his eyes and prepared to die.
: The crack of the pistol marked his end, he saw blood in the water around him and figured this is how death must be, eventhough he couldn't feel any pain. Suddenly a hand grabed him under one arm and started to heave him out of the water.
: "Your not dead you idiot! Now help ME get YOU out of the water!"
: Suddenly The Man with the Hat realized he was still alive! Pulling himself into the raft he sat down suddenly exhausted.
: "What the hell did you do that for? If you realy wanted me to talk you could have just pointed it at me?"
: Smiling slyly Tessa answered: "I wasn't trying to get you to do anything. I was just keeping you from getting chewed up."
: "What the?..." he blurted, suddenly realizing where the blood must have come from. Sure enough, when he looked into the water where he had just been swimming he saw a fair amount of blood, and not far away the fin of a shark swimming directly away from them, mixing red blood with the blue of it's wake.

: "Nooooo!" she cried out bursting into conciousness. Suddenly several nurses and a doctor were surrounding her, hands poised to hold her down should she make some violent action.... Then conciousness faded and soon she was sleeping peacefuly again.

: Several hours later Deirdre became concious again, only this time it came slowly and without the horrible dream. Then she heard a voice, it spoke in her native language.
: "You had a nasty fall young lady!"
: "Wha... wher... where a a aaaamm I?" Deirdre queried.
: "Somebody decided they didn't like you, took a shot at you while you were standing on the top of the Petronas Twin Towers." Said a white haired, old Malaysian doctor.
: "I remember falling... and then, and then."
: "You where hit" he continued, picking up where he left off "--though luckily it went clean through you just to the left of your stomach which is a nonvital area--the bullet spun you around and you lost your balance, falling backward off the tower. But you got lucky today, some guy parked his convertable just where you happened to land. One in a million chance! Though you did break your leg over his door."
: "I ought to sue!" she said, smilling; which showed the doctor she realy was going to be alright. Then flashbacks came... things that didn't fit into the story this doctor had just told her. Suddenly her smile disapeared and the doctors face became concerned.
: "But... I... I was."
: "Oh, that, you had some bad dreams while you were unconcious. You see with your fall, the bullet wound, the antibiotics, and the painkiller your sleep wasn't exacltly peaceful and you sleptalked, so I think I know mostly what you were dreaming, don't worry, it was all a dream."
: "Bu... but..."
: "No" the doctor consoled, smiling "you aren't a clone, that was just your brains way of explaining the fact that you are still alive.... By the way they guy whos car you landed in wants you to pay for damages, you know the blood all over the leather seat and stuff."

: In the meanwhile agents Jerico and Meg were sorting through information in the Indyfan.com.

: "According to this, the last forum novel was IJ and the Aztec Spear," Indiana Jerico said, clicking away on his laptop.
: "But there's still another one going on: IJ & The scrolls of the Prophet", Meg interrupted, leaning over in her seat and pointing at a recent post.
: "Yes, that's true."Short Round said.
: "I thought you didn't read them?" Goodsport raised a mocking brow.
: He grinned back, shrugging,"Yeah but I see 'em posted on the forum!"
: Indiana Jerico, put his chin in his hand and wrinkled his brows,"The Scrolls of the Prophet have nothing to do with this."
: "How could you be so sure?!"
: "I am so sure, Miss Meg"Indiana Jerico said matter-of-factly, "because the DWO (*Dark World Order) are after TESSA... and as you might have overseen, the only people who have contributed to this forum novel are a certain Man in the Hat and Deirdre Campbell, the latter who just contributed a measly Prologue."
: "But--"
: "He's right!" Goodsport confirmed, "It's clear that they are after Tessa. She must have hit a soft spot with her forum novels!"
: "But what did she discover?!"
: He sighed. "Too bad we didn't read those forum novels."
: "Well,"Meg smiled,"it's never too late to catch up!"
: She stood-up opened the baggage compartment over their heads and took out her attache case. "Here!" She slipped out 3 thick black Herlitz folders and threw each guy a copy. "We have," checking her gold Rolex, "about 5 hours till we land in Poland's capital."

: ----

Chapter 15 [A Ray of Hope and a Sliver of Dispair] (written by Goodsport)

Deirdre lay in her hospital bed long after the doctors and nurses had left. She examined herself, surprised that there was no IV line in her arm, but instead a metallic wire attached to a computer.
Satisfied that everyone was gone or asleep, she carefully pulled the wire out of her arm (why was there not even a droplet of blood in the puncture?) quietly stood up and put on a bathrobe, and tiptoed out of her room. Once in the cold, sterile corridor, Deirdre walked down it, surprised at the lack of... anybody.
She finally passed by a large tinted window and carefully peeked through it. What she saw made her want to shreik in horror, but the sound would not come out of her mouth. She saw a body, all bloody and mangled, but still barely recognizable. The body was hers.

- - -

After two hours of reading with the rest of the group, Goodsport stood up.
"This is interesting, people," Goodsport said as he stood up and stretched his arms, "but I have to make a visit, if you know what I mean."
"Fine," Short Round answered half-heartedly as he was embroiled in his reading.

- - -

"Okay, here's the story," The Man with the Hat said to an intently staring Tessa, "The reason I was impersonating Goodsport is..."
The sentence was interrupted by a deafening shreiking sound a short distance away.
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?" Tessa screamed as she pointed to what looked like a large rubber bubble bouncing towards the raft.
"Where did they come from?" The Man in the Hat continued, as he pointed to both the bubble and the helicoptor right above it, with the helicoptor's loudspeakers blaring, "ORANGE ALERT! ORANGE ALERT!"

- - -

Meg noticed the laptop screen suddenly change from showing the Indyfan Forum to a live shot of te middle of the ocean, a large rubber bubble rapidly overtaking a man and a woman on a raft.
"What the hell is that?" Indiana Jerico asked, "A live feed on a laptop? Where's that coming from?"

- - -

As Goodsport jumped back as he opened the door to the washroom as he saw an old gentleman in there. The old man stroked his long white beard, adjusted his tall pointy hat, and taking a step forward in his robe said, "To save all, you and your friends must find the way to Valinor! You must find Aragorn - he can help you find the way!"
"Uh... oh-kay!" replied Goodsport, dumbfounded.
Just then the plane shook, shutting the door to the washroom with a thud. When Goodsport opened the door again, it was empty.

- - -

"Hey, we lost the feed," Meg pointed out, as the laptop screen once again showed the Indyfan Forum.
"Ladies and gentleman, this is your pilot speaking," the voice on the intercom speakers announced, "Due to heavy turbulence, we will be making a short stopover in Reykjavik, Iceland. It will only be a momentary delay, and we aplogize for any inconvenience."
"Uh guys," Goodsport told the group when he returned, "you won't believe what just happened!"
"Neither will you!" responded Indiana Jerico.

-----

What wants to contribute Chapter 16? :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: