Re: similar situation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 22, 1999 at 13:03:49:

In Reply to: similar situation posted by Danno on July 22, 1999 at 12:42:20:

: When I was 16 my Mother died of cancer. She also choose to live her final months at home with her husband and 4 son's. Of course the other family members ( Aunts mainly ) couldnt understand this. How dare we allow her final wishes instead of shipping her to every vodoo witch Dr in America who claims to be able to cure everything. To this day, 15 years later they still want to know how we could have done such a thing. About ten years ago one Aunt said to me, "You have no idea how much pain you put me through watching my sister die like that." She lived in California, we in Ohio, so she saw absolutly nothing. I suppose she never even bothered to think just how 4 boys age's 11-18 deal with losing their Mom. To this day I also want to just go in peace, at home with what I have always known. Danno

Hear hear! What is worse, dragging an adult who is totally in control of their faculties away from their home and loved ones to a hospital to die among strangers, or fear the grumblings of a few family members who have no "dogs in the fight", but feel they must have a say so about a situation they have no understanding of ? Your choice was well made and in line with the actual needs and desires of your mother. I salute you and family in your choice. Everyone has war stories to tell, including me, but no need to dreg up these memories. That's just life, and we aren't going to get out of it alive. Be content with the fact that you upheld your immediate families needs, and to heck with the rest. After all is said and done, it was a choice your family made, and no reason to look back with any regrets. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]