DIVX

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kortan from proxy-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net on April 30, 1998 at 07:07:06:

In Reply to: Re: Paramount announces DVD support posted by Indiana Giles on April 28, 1998 at 18:22:42:

:Think of it like pay-per-view, only you hold onto the hardware. The rumour is that the discs will be available for between $9-12 to start with a $3.99 rental per viewing.

The discs will be cheaper. Bcause otherwise no one would get them. Then when you buy them you could watch them for a period of three days. and then you could toss it out or keep it for later use.

: If you want to unlock the disc forever, it will cost another :$12-15. However, once decoded forever, it will only work on your :machine. Hmmm, all totaled, isn't that the price of current :DVD's? The idea is to get rid of your local video store and :you'll be buying the DIVX's
: from Walmart type places.

Only Circuit City has rights to the DIVX rght now. As it was their idea.

: In my opinion, I like the idea of buying it and that's it.

Sounds good but...

:It works when I want it. I don't like the idea of having to call :for the rest of my life to watch my favorite films. So why not :just pay the extra money and turn it on forever?

BEcause you might wanna go out and rent a real Bad Movie. THen what the hell would you do? Remember the goal is to use DIVX like a video Store.

:That, it seems, comes back to the original format, DVD.

Just Buy DVD cause DIVX smells like NEW COKE.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]