Chapter 19 of Tessa and the Stranger in the Plane

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 208.162.27.72 on July 22, 1999 at 22:00:16:

Chapter 19 : A Clearing of Mists

After about thirty minutes, the plane landed in Reykjavik, Iceland for a short stop-over. Goodpsort, Indiana Jerico, Short Round, and Meg, however, were still busy sifting through the numerous Forum posts. Goodpsort snickered as he agaid read Groo's parting post. So did Short Round. Meg glared at them, indicating that this is sedrious business.
Suddenly, Indiana Jerico's cellular phone rang again.
"Indiana Jerico," Jerico said.
"Jer, this is Aragorn," a voice said. "I'm already at the airport."
"Aragorn! Thank God you called. Things have developed." Jerico asked.
"Lemme tell my side first," Aragorn said.
"Okay," Jerico replied.
"Someone knew I was coming to Poland," Aragorn said. "Two guys tried to abduct me. Fortunately, someone from Meg's group was watching my back."
"Meg???" Indiana Jerico exclaimed. Upon hearing her name being mentioned, Meg looked at Jerico.
"Yeah. She's a new recruit, picked by Micah and Michaelson themselves. Heard she's an ace, top of her class," Aragorn said. "Sorry I didn't tell you 'bout her earlier. Just knew it myself a few hours ago."
"She's here," Jerico answered. "Anyway, what about the two people?"
"They're slumped cozily in the back of my car as I'm speaking to you now," Aragorn said. "By the way, where are you guys still?"
"Reykjavik," Jerico replied. "Stopping over. By the way, is Brett already there? He ICQed me. Said something about finding a book read by Tessa. Hmmm....since when have Tessa been at Poland before?"
"Maybe she went here for a few weeks," Aragorn said.
"Maybe." Jerico answered.
"Brett'll be here in about a few minutes," Aragorn said. "What about you? Any news."
"Many," Jerico said. "Goodpsort said something about an old man appearing suddenly in the washroom! And check this, Aragorn, the old man knew you!"
"How???" Aragorn asked, perplexed.
"Beats me!" Jerico said. "And he also said something about Valinor...or something."
"Valinor...what's that?" Aragorn said.
"I don't know....maybe you could ask Brett to check it out in the library. Must be a place or something. "
"Will do," Aragorn said. "Jerico, there's one thing that's disturbing me."
"What?" Jerico asked.
"Our enemy seems to know our every move." Aragorn said.
"A leak in the organization, maybe?" Jerico asked.
Aragorn sighed on the other end. "I don't know."
"Well, keep me posted," Jerico said. "We'll be there soon."
"Check." Aragorn said. "Aragorn out."

In the penthouse, the mysterious person was looking out of the whole city. Then, he spoke. "Any news of Deirdre?"
"Yes, Sir" a goon said. "She was taken to the Kwong-Ringse Hospital. Our boys said that she wants to go out."
"Have a limo pick her up," the man said.
"Yes Boss," the good replied.
"And the gunman?" the man asked.
"We're still digging up information about him, Boss," the goos replied.
"Could he be one of those from our good old friend in the States?" the man asked.
"Micah and his organization, Boss?" the goon asked. "Could be."
"Well, keep seraching," the man said, ice in his voice.
"Yes boss," the goon said.
"And any news about Tessa and our operative?" the man asked.
"Y'mean The Man in the Hat, Boss?" the goon asked. "As a matter of fact, yes. They were recently rescued from the plane's wreckage."
The man fell silent.
"Y' want me to contact The Man in the Hat, Boss?"
"No," the man said. "I want him dead. And overrule Deirdre's order. I want Tessa ALIVE. I want to know how she got the story. I want to know who her sources were. Everything."
"Yes Boss," the goon said.
"And what about our operative in Poland?"
"Indiana James and the Fiddler, Boss?" the goon asked. "We lost track of them. Our transmission's been cut off."
"Things haven't been going well," the man said.
The goon remained silent.
"Dismissed," the man said.
The goon left. In the silence of his luxurious office, the man was thinking.
I have to have it, he seemed to think. The key to the ancient city of Valinor.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]