Chapter 21

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from ip176-82.ingrammicro.com on July 23, 1999 at 01:36:29:

In Reply to: 20th Chapter [In Poland] posted by Deirdre on July 22, 1999 at 22:23:05:

:
: Chapter 20 [In Poland]

: "Get your hands off me!" the Man in the Hat snapped at the nurses who were trying to get his blood pressure and feed him some medicine."I'm perfectly healthy! See? I can see straight, I can walk, I can talk! I shouldn't even be here! I got better things to do!"

: One of the nurses at the St.Vincent Hospital, whispered something to the other nurse.

: "I head that! I am NOT hysterical!"

: Tessa who'd been watching the little scene snorted clearly amused & couldn't resist a laugh. "Uh... I didn't know taht the Man in the Hat was afraid of some lil needle."
: "This is not funny Tessa. God knows where that needle was before--"
: "Finished." the nurse said, smiling and winked at Tessa,"Thanks for keeping him distracted, Mrs. Schaefer."
: The Man in the Hat groaned and was about to rub the place where seh had pricked him. Immediately the nurse flicked away his hand."But SIR!"

: A few minutes later Tessa and the Man in the Hat exited the Hospital.
: "I hate hospitals," he mumbled flagging down a taxi. Tessa just grinned to herself keeping her sarcastic reply to herself.
: "Where to?"the taxi driver asked.
: "Take us to the Forum Hotel Warsaw"the Man in the Hat said in perfect polish, earning an impressed look from Tessa."Okay okay... I learned when I was in the Army, my roomate was Polish. And wipe that stupid grin off yer face."

: --------
: Punctually the long black and elegant limousine pulled up in front of the Kwong-Ringse Hospital. The chauffeur opened the door for the lady and the nurse helped her inside with the crutches. Without thanking her, Deirdre resolutel y shut the door in her face and ordered the driver to get going.
: ----
: "Ohhhhh..."groaning James, touched his head. He had a terrible headache... "Shit!"
: He groped in the dark trying to make out where he was. His hands touched cold cement beneath him, it smelled of rotten vegetables and old shoes. Slowly as his eyes adjusted to the dimness he could make out that he was in some sort of cellar, a place where they stored the food."Sheesh! At least I won't starve." he mumbled to himself. This mission had gone out of hand the very minute it had started. He should've not listened to that mindless bitch's commands and taken things into his own hands. What did "Women" know anyway?!

: He sat down on a sack of potatoes, pondering what to do next.
: Where the heck, was the Fiddler?
: -------------

: "Hotel Forum polozony w samym centrum miasta, gdzie znajduja sie najwazniejsze urzedy i centrum handlowe." the taxi driver was babbling.
: Tessa gave her companion a curious look.
: "He said:Hotel Forum is located in the heart of the city, close to main business and entertainment areas" the Man in the Hat said as the cab halted infron of the hotel."He even suggested we go out and visit one of those nightclubs down the street. Hah! Fatso here, probably thinks we are honeymooners."he handed the man some bills and helped Tessa out of the car.
: "Thank you Mister! See you again next time!" the taxidriver shouted in perfect english and drove off.
: -------------

Chapter 21 [ A short break]
As Indiana Jerico hung up his cell phone, Meg walked over to where he was seated, and kneeled before him.
"Who was it?"
"Aragorn. He said he's at the airport with the two guys who were after him."
"Thank Goodness he's alright. Did he say who helped him with the two goons?"
" No, he didn't say." replied Indiana Jerico.
Meg stared to get up as Indiana Jerico spoke again.
"I can't believe you sent help to Aragorn."
Meg stood up, then looked back at Jerico, her green eyes shining brightly.
" Well I guess now you can take your eyes off of me. Unless you still don't trust me."
Jerico just smiled at her, as she made her back to the group.
"I'm hungry." Short Round said laying down the forum novel he was reading.
"Well we should be on our way soon." Goodsport replied. "Maybe you can eat on the plane."
"Awww, plane food sucks!!" Short Round said picking up the folder containing the forum novel. "I'll just wait."
"Here take this." Meg said as she threw a candy bar to him.
"Hopefully we won't have to wait any longer. We need to get on our way."
She yawned, then layed back in her chair.
"All we are doing is wasting time. People are counting on us."
Her last sentence was barley audible, for she fell asleep silently.
As Jerico approached the group, he took off his jacket and covered up Meg who was breathing softly.
"Now.." He said turning to Goodsport and Short Round. " Aragorn said that it was like they knew his every move. There might be a hole in the organization, and if there is, we are going to find it. Goodsport, I'll give you my laptop, so you can do backround checks for all forum memebers. Short Round, you keep reading those forum novels. I want you to know them better than the Indy trilogy! And I'll go check out what's going on with our plane."
He handed his laptob to Goodsport, then looked at Short Round.
"Shorty, get cracking. We have to figure things out, or it could already be too late!"
----
As Tessa and The Man in the Hat, climbed the front steps of the Forum Hotel Warsaw, then entered the lobby.
"What are we doing here?" Tessa said quitely as The Man in the Hat made room arangements.
"I'll tell you when we get upstairs." he replied moving away from teh front desk.
He help up a room key and turned to Tessa.
"Room 291. It was all they had left. I hope you don't mind."
Tessa looked at him then smiled.
" Not at all, but if there's only one bed, your'e sleeping on the floor."
"Fine." He said back to her. " I am a gentleman afterall. C'mon lets go"
He and Tessa walked to the elevator, Tessa wondering why they were at the Forum Hotel Warsaw.
---

Sorry for the shortness everybody. Feel free to add on to it!!
~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]