Re: Indiana Jones hat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson on December 01, 1997 at 14:36:40:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones hat posted by Dan Borton on November 30, 1997 at 21:54:29:

: :: I think the "temple" is the same hat stetson made for the Indiana Jones hat. The Stetson Indy hat was from the Temple of Doom and had a little Temple of Doom picture inside. The fact that this hat is called the "Temple" makes me think it is the same hat, they just lost the licence to make it an Indy hat::.

: The Stetson Temple hat is very similar to Stetsons "official" Indiana Jones hats, but there are a couple differences. For one the Temple has the creased crown, like the Indy hats from the movies. The Indy has the Tear drop crown. The Temple also seems to have a wider brim. Shortly after Stetson stopped producing their "Official" Indy hat, the company started offering a new hat called The "Ark" It was the same hat as their Indy hat, just with out the licensing or the Indiana Jones logos. The last time I seen the Ark being sold was about two years ago.

: Dan

I purchased two of the the so called "Ark" fedora's, and both were made by a company called "Broner", not Stetson. The original Stetson's Temple of Doom fedoras were made on contract by a Austrian company, and had their crest stamped into the sweatband, where the US made Temple of Doom fedoras do not. I own examples of all three. None of the fedoras in my collection have the teardrop shaped bash, but have the correct bash front to back. As stated in a previous message, the lining of the Temple of Doom fedora has the logo, as well as the Lucas licensing message. The Ark has nothing to identify it in any way with the Indiana Jones business. I ordered these from US Calvary in Kentucky about 3 years ago. I've had the Stetson for 13 years, still in the box, but that's another story all together. Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]