Chapter 25

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from spider-tr071.proxy.aol.com on July 23, 1999 at 20:11:18:

In Reply to: Chapters 21-24 of Tessa and The Stranger in the Plane posted by Goodsport on July 23, 1999 at 17:19:31:

: : Chapter 21 [A Short Break] (written by Meg & the Fiddler)

: : As Indiana Jerico hung up his cell phone, Meg walked over to where he was seated, and kneeled before him.
: : "Who was it?"
: : "Aragorn. He said he's at the airport with the two guys who were after him."
: : "Thank Goodness he's alright. Did he say who helped him with the two goons?"
: : " No, he didn't say." replied Indiana Jerico.
: : Meg stared to get up as Indiana Jerico spoke again.
: : "I can't believe you sent help to Aragorn."
: : Meg stood up, then looked back at Jerico, her green eyes shining brightly.
: : " Well I guess now you can take your eyes off of me. Unless you still don't trust me."
: : Jerico just smiled at her, as she made her back to the group.
: : "I'm hungry." Short Round said laying down the forum novel he was reading.
: : "Well we should be on our way soon." Goodsport replied. "Maybe you can eat on the plane."
: : "Awww, plane food sucks!!" Short Round said picking up the folder containing the forum novel. "I'll just wait."
: : "Here take this." Meg said as she threw a candy bar to him.
: : "Hopefully we won't have to wait any longer. We need to get on our way."
: : She yawned, then layed back in her chair.
: : "All we are doing is wasting time. People are counting on us."
: : Her last sentence was barley audible, for she fell asleep silently.
: : As Jerico approached the group, he took off his jacket and covered up Meg who was breathing softly.
: : "Now.." He said turning to Goodsport and Short Round. " Aragorn said that it was like they knew his every move. There might be a hole in the organization, and if there is, we are going to find it. Goodsport, I'll give you my laptop, so you can do backround checks for all forum memebers. Short Round, you keep reading those forum novels. I want you to know them better than the Indy trilogy! And I'll go check out what's going on with our plane."
: : He handed his laptob to Goodsport, then looked at Short Round.
: : "Shorty, get cracking. We have to figure things out, or it could already be too late!"

: : - - -

: : As Tessa and The Man in the Hat, climbed the front steps of the Forum Hotel Warsaw, then entered the lobby.
: : "What are we doing here?" Tessa said quitely as The Man in the Hat made room arangements.
: : "I'll tell you when we get upstairs." he replied moving away from teh front desk.
: : He help up a room key and turned to Tessa.
: : "Room 291. It was all they had left. I hope you don't mind."
: : Tessa looked at him then smiled.
: : " Not at all, but if there's only one bed, your'e sleeping on the floor."
: : "Fine." He said back to her. " I am a gentleman afterall. C'mon lets go"
: : He and Tessa walked to the elevator, Tessa wondering why they were at the Forum Hotel Warsaw.

: : As they entered their room Tessa insisted she needed to use the bathroom and went straight in.
: : Walking over to the phone The Man with the Hat heard the bathroom fan come on as he picked up the phone. Quickley he punched in a number.
: : "Hello?" came the voice from the other end.
: : "Listen up, you have a couple of my friends, I have one of yours. Here is what happens: we are going to trade. I give you Tessa, you give me Indiana James and the Fiddler."
: : "Wait... Who..."
: : Cutting Aragorn off The Man with the Hat continued:
: : "Here is how it happens: we meet about a quarter mile apart, you release Lambert and Fiddler and I release Tessa, they walk toward eachother, passing in the middle, they each reach their friends about the same time. Then I have my associates back and you have yours. Is that understood?"
: : "Yes... bu..."
: : Interupting again The Man with the Hat went on to arrange a time and a place--a rural area about two hours from Warsaw.

: : Indiana Jerico's Phone rang again.
: : "Hello?"
: : "Jer, this is Aragorn, we just got news of Tessa, they wan't to trade her, in Poland, for the two guys we have locked up here. How far out are you?"
: : "We just started coming in, touchdown in about five."
: : "Well see if you can't hop planes and get over here as quickly as possible." Aragorn said simply, "They wan't to make the trade tommorow at 4:00."
: : "We'll see what we can do.... Wait you said 'we,' who do you have there with you?"
: : "Indy, JUST Indy."
: : "Who's he?"
: : "I don't know, but he saved my life and helped me capture these two goons, he is guarding them right now."

: : -----

: : Chapter 22 [Calling For Help] (written by Goodsport)

: : Still realing from his headache, Indiana James Lambert had found enough picks and pins to fashion the makeshift lockpick he was using on the doors lock for the past hour. As Indiana James finally heard the 'click' sound he was waiting for, he pulled off the lock and heaved opened the heavy door.
: : "Damn!" he exclaimed, as all he saw was a small room with no window and a door. Indiana James tried opening the door, but found it locked. After further observation, he discovered that there was no keyhole.
: : "Oh great! Now what?"
: : He rapidly surveyed the room, and to his surprise there was a desk with a phone on it. Indiana James put the receiver of the phone to his ear and, to his shock, the phone worked.
: : Deciding not to phone either Deirdre or Big Boss Nobody, mainly in fear that they would eliminate him for his failure to capture Aragorn, he instead tried dialing the Fiddler on his cell phone.
: : No answer.
: : Desparate, he dialed the only other option he knew.

: : Brett Lambert was studying the book further in the solitude of the library. The only thing that broke his concentration was the sound of his cell phone ringing.
: : "Hello?" Brett answered the phone.
: : "Brett, it's me!"
: : "Jimmy?" Brett was aghast, "Why are you calling me? How'd you know my number?"
: : "Never mind that!" snapped Indiana James, "I need you help!"
: : "Wait a minute! We're on opposite sides! What do you mean... help?"
: : "C'mon, man! We're still brothers!" retorted Indiana James.
: : "Hello?... Hello?" Brett asked, as the noise he heard was followed by the phone going dead.

: : "Hello, Brett?" Indiana James asked in panic, "Are you there?!?"
: : The bright flash behind Indiana James caused him to drop the phone onto the floor.
: : "Who... who are you?" inquired Indiana James of the robed, bearded old man standing in front of him.
: : With one hand on his staff and the other adjusting his drooping, pointy hat, Gandalf took a step forward.
: : "Why do you seek Valinor?" he asked of Indiana James in a soft but powerful voice, "Is it for it's greater glory... or for yours?"
: : "Uhh... how'd you get in here?" asked Indiana James, wide-eyed, "Can you help me get out?"
: : "Only you can help you, Indiana James Lambert!" Gandalf answered, "Seek out Aragorn. Not the one you know, but the one you don't!"
: : "What does that mean?" was all Indiana James was able to ask before the white flash again engulfed the room.
: : "Where'd he go?" he asked, looking around for Gandalf in vain.
: : Indiana James swiveled around quickly as he heard the click of the door opening.

: : Chapter 23 [Brett's Inner Conflict] (written by Brett (Yasim) Lambert)

: : Brett began to worry about his brother, Indiana James, and what happened to him. Although, James had turned himself over to the evil Deirdre, he was after all still his brother. And Blood relation is far more important than some silly conflict between two sides.
: : But even as Brett thought this, he had this overwhelming loyalty to Jerico, Aragorn, Meg, and the others. He couldn't possibly betray them! His job, like it was from the start was to be the computer hacker extraordinaire. Although, he was highly educated in computers, he would have preferred a field job. He yearned for the adventure, just like his favorite action/adventure hero Indiana Jones. But his even bigger idol, E.T. would disapprove of this. What was Brett to do?
: : After much debating to himself in the library of what he should do. The job or his brother. He took one last look at the whole library and his mind was made up. He decided to hop on a plane to Poland and rescue his brother from whoever had captured him.
: : He ran out of the library as fast as he could to the airport. But then quickly turned back to the library and took the "Lord of the Rings" book.
: : "It's gonna be one long flight! I need something to pass the time", Brett said to himself.

: : Chapter 24 [More Clues] (written by the Fiddler)

: : "So, now that we are all safe and sound you get to tell me why you impersonated Goodsport." Tessa pointed out.
: : "Here is the deal, lets go to bed, get a good nights sleep and I'll tell you in the mornin', a'right?"
: : "Okay, fine." Tessa agreed skeptically.

: : As Indiana Lambert stood, poised, waiting for somebody to enter the room he wondered, is this it? Does the end come now? Was that vision a sign of his coming death?
: : Suddenly Fiddler entered the room and James sighed in releif: "Oh, it's only you, glad you came for me."
: : Then he saw that Fiddler's hands were still tied.
: : "What the..." Lambert blurted, startled.
: : "It's alright, we are just going for a little drive," Indy remarked as he followed his prisoner into the room, "but first we are going to have a little pat down to make sure you aren't hidding anything in your clothing."
: : "Would it help if we just told you we don't?" Fiddler asked sarcastically.
: : "No, first of all because I locked Lambert in that other room and now he is in here." Indy replied flatly, acting as though Fiddler's comment had been just plain stupid and not sarcastic.
: : Backing Fiddler against the wall Indy proceeded to tie Indiana Lambert's hands and then search him. All the while the Fiddler stood, passively, leaning against the wall.
: : When Indy finished he pushed James against the wall next to Fiddler. Instantly as Lambert hit the wall he felt something press against his hand. Realizing it was something the Fiddler was trying to hand him Lambert quickly tried to grab hold of it, but fumbled his attempt and dropped the item as Fiddler was pulled away from the wall to be searched.
: : Indy heard the folded piece of paper hit the stone floor...
: : "What's this?" He asked, pushing both prisoners away from the paper and then bending over to pic it up.
: : Neither man replied.
: : Unfolding the piece of paper he found the following:

: :

:

: : Searching the forum as the plane left Reykjavik, Indiana Jerico saw another message posted by Tessa's husband. It was titled: "Something from Tessa." It said how they had just heard from her and that she was in a hotel in Warsaw and doing fine. It also mentioned a neat map Tessa had found and told her husband about on the phone.
: : Clicking on the link that was given, a scan of an old map of Poland slowly downloaded.
: : 'WE JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM TESSA. SHE IS FINE AND STAYING AT A HOTEL IN WARSAW.'
: : SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS MAP SHE SHOWED ME ON THE INTERNET A FEW WEEKS AGO. SHE SAID TO POST IT FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE SHE THOUT IT MIGHT BE USEFUL.'
: : 'CLICK THE LINK BELOW.'

: : 'A map of Poland'

: : "Hey Meg, look at this," he said, distracting her from her studies of the forum novels, "it's a map that Tessa told her husband about."
:

Chapter 25 [Destination reached]

As Indiana Jerico follwed the link, Meg looked over his shoulder as the Map developed.
"I think the DWO might have something to do with this map."
Meg looked at the map then took the laptob away from Indiana Jerico, staring at it closely.
"Hey Jerico, do you think this map could have something to do with that old guy Goodsport saw?"
"What do you mean?" Goodsport said.
"Maybe this has to do with that Valinor place. Maybe this map shows the way."
Just then the planes loudspeaker went on.
"Attention ladies and gentlemen, please put your seats and trays into the upright and locked position. We will be making our landing in 10 mintues."
"Finally!" Short Round said a big smile on his face.
Goodsport put his tray table up, then turned to Indiana Jerico.
"So what are teh planes when we land?"
Indiana Jerico removed his laptob from Meg's lap, then turned it off, and shut the lid.
"Well, first we find Aragorn, then we will prepare for the trade. I hope they didn't do anything to Tessa."
"Wait a second!" Meg said turning to the both of them.
"What are you guys talking about? What trade?? Tessa??"
Her confused eyes stayed on the both of them as Indiana Jerico spoke up.
"Oh, you were asleep when I got the call."
"Why didn't you wake me up? I should be told the latest news when we recieve it."
"I'm sorry. I didn't want to disturb you." Indiana Jerico said placing his laptop in a black leather case.
"But anyways, Aragorn said that a person who has Tessa called, and said he would give her back if we gave him the two goons we have."
"And you belive him??" Meg said laughing to herself.
"Well little Meg, the whole reason we started on this goose chase was to get Tessa. Now we have our chance."
"Don't you see it Jerico? It's probaly just a set up! Look, those goons were out there to get Tessa. Now someone on their side has her, and is just going to give her up like that? Whoever hired those two goons wanted to get Tessa, and I'm sure he can find two more just like them to do his dirty work. But it makes no sense for them to give up Tessa!"
Meg kept her eyes on Indiana Jerico who sat in silence.
"You know Jer, she does have a point." Goodsport whispered into his ear.
"Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your setbeats. We our now making our landing."
Indiana Jerico turned to Goodsport, whispering back to him.
"We'll talk it over with Aragorn."
"But Meg sen-."
"I know what I'm doing ok? We'll just ask him."
The plane jolted as it made it's landing.
"Let's go already!' Short Round said running down the asile towards the door.
"Right behind you Shorty." Goodsport said walking after him.
"So..." Meg said facing Indiana Jerico.
"Still don't trust me do you?"
Indiana Jerico gathered his leather case that contained his laptob, and stared to walk down the asile.
Meg grabbed his arm and quickly turned him around so he was facing her again.
"What is it going to take you, to understand that I'm on your side?"
Indiana Jerico pulled his arm back then made his way down the asile again, Meg following behind in silence.
------

As always feel free to add onto my chapters!! They always come out short!

~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]