Chapter 25 of Tessa and the Stranger in the Plane

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 208.162.27.83 on July 23, 1999 at 20:35:44:

Chapter 25: They meet in the City

Brett immediately went out of the Warsaw Public Library and turned his collar up against the cold. He walked a few blocks for a few minutes, trying to clear up his thoughts.
His brother is in trouble. And that can only mean two things: One, he's been captured by Aragorn and the otehrs, or two: He's in trouble with his Big Boss. Brett fervently prayed that it was the former. At least Aragorn and the others know compassion for prisoners.
He dialed Aragorn's number.
"Aragorn," Aragorn said.
"Aragorn," Brett said. "It's Brett. Listen...I...well..."
"What?" Aragorn asked. "you sound worried, Brett."
"I am," Brett said. "Listen, is my brother there with you?"
"Right now?" Aragorn asked.
"Yeah, right now!" Brett said.
"Right now, I'm on my way to the airport for the second time, Brett," Aragorn said. "Jerico and the others'll be arriving in about a few minutes, and I'm meeting them there."
"You're on your way for the second time today???" Brett asked.
"Okay, it went like this," Aragorn said. "After I dropped you at the library, two goons tried to kill me, but someone saved me. A man from Meg's group.'
"Meg?" Brett asked. "Oh, yeah. The new recruit. Go on."
"So we went to the airport with the prisoners tied at the back. By the way, the man's name was Indy. We waited in the airport for a few minutes. Then, Indy decided that it'd be good if we'll keep our prisoners somewhere else, instead of the back of the car, so we drove into a hideout and locked them there. Indy's guarding them as we speak."
"Aragorn, it's about the prisoners," Brett said. "Did one have a reddish-brown hair, and tall? And did he have a fedora?"
"Yeah, why?"
Brett remained silent for a while. "He's my brother."
"He's your WHAT???" Aragorn asked.
"My brother," Brett said. "Indiana James."
"Your brother's a member of the enemy???" Aragorn asked again.
"Yeah, well, I'll explain later," Brett said. "Where's the hideout you were holding them?"
Aragorn gave him the directions.
"Okay, I'll be there and keep Indy company. Brett out."

"Tessa's fine, and she's in Warsaw!" Meg smiled, looking at Indiana Jerico. "That's great! Maybe then, she'll be able to explain what's been happening so far!"
Indiana Jerico, however, was silent, looking intently at the posted message.
"What's the matter?" Meg asked, noticing his expression.
"Just one thing," Jerico said. "See here." he pointed on a part of the message.
Meg read the line. "'SHE SAID TO POST IT FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE USEFUL.' So?"
Indiana Jerico looked at her. "How did she know we're after her? Remember, she doesn't know everything that's happened so far. How did she know we're gonna need this help?"
Meg suddenly realized what his point. "You're right."
Goodsport and Short Round, who's been chatting with a couple of cute girls, came to them. They noticed their faces. "What's up?"
"Tessa's fine, and she's in Warsaw," Jerico said.
"That's great!" Goodsport smiled. "That's great! Maybe then, she'll be able to explain what's been happening so far!"
"Not so good," Jerico said. "Aragorn just called a few minutes ago."
Meg looked at him, surprised by this news.
"Someone called, and said he has Tessa," Indiana Jerico said. "He want to trade her for the two prisoners that Aragorn and Indy have."
"Indy? Who's Indy?" Short Round asked.
"A member of my group," Meg replied. "The one who helped Aragorn."
"Oh," Goodsport and Short Round replied.
"You didn't TELL me that a while ago!" Meg said angriyl to Indiana Jerico. "You still don't trust me!"
Indiana Jerico shrugged. He turned to Goodsport and Short Round and told them about the Forum Message posted supposedly by Tessa's husband.
"So what does it all mean?" Goodsport asked.
"Only two things," Jerico breathed. "Either someone's playing on both sides, which is highly unlikely, or..."
"or?" Short Round asked.
"Or, there's a third group involved," Jerico finished. "Lying in wait, and feeding information to both sides."
The others looked at each other thoughtfully. Soon, the speaker blared.
"THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING. IN A FEW MINUTES, WE WILL BE ARRIVING IN WARSAW. PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS AND PUT ON YOUR SEATBELTS. THANK YOU."
"We'll finish this up," Jerico said. "Aragorn's waiting for us at the airport."

The plane touched ground and pretty soon, the door opened and passengers filed out. Goodsport and Short Round took their luggage from above. Short Round steadied his cap. Meg tried to get hers down, with a little difficulty. Indiana Jerico reached up and helped her. He smiled, but Meg didn't reply. She's still mad about him not trusting her. As they went down, Jerico put on his Predator Series 99 Ray-Ban sunglasses and breathed in the fresh Poland air.
They started walking towards the airport building. They then got out their luggage (which isn't much considering they left in a hurry) and went outside the airport. They walked to the parking lot.
"So, where's our transportation out?" Short Round asked.
"There," Indiana Jerico answered, nodding his head. They looked to where he pointed out.
Leaning casually on a red BMW was a young man wearing all grey. He has brown hair. His eyes were hidden by the sunglasses which was the same as that of Jerico's. he was grinning.
"Thought you'd never show up," the young man said.
"Yeah, right," Indiana Jerico said. He turned to the others. "Guys, this is..."
"Aragorn," Meg smiled, extending her hand.
"Tha same as my name?" Aragorn kidded.
Meg laughed. "Sorry. I'm Meg."
"Ah, so you're Meg," Aragorn smiled. "'Tis a pleasure to meet someone so fair." He took Meg's hand and kissed it. Meg blushed.
"Yeah, well," Jerico said, taking away Meg's hand. "This is Goodsport and Short Round."
"Goospdort I know, but Short Round?" Aragorn asked.
"We'll explain later." Jerico said. "So, before all else, you got our gear?"
"Right here," Aragorn said. He took out a briefcase. He was about to open it when Meg spohe up.
"Two customized .45 Colt pistol with extra-long clips, colored black and an Eagle engraved on the handle on one, and a Scorpion on the other," Meg said. "And one custumoized Magnum .357, colored white, with a sword engraved on its handle."
Indiana Jerico and Aragorn looked at her in surprise. Aragorn whistled. He opened the briefcase and sure enough, there were the guns Meg just mentioned.
"I told you I read about your files," Meg grinned.
"Wow," Aragorn said, looking at Jerico. "She's got a brain as well in that pretty head of hers."
"Top of the class, remember?" Jerico said. Then hi leaned to Aragorn. "Don't ever think of flirting with her."
Aragorn grinned.
Goodsport and Short Round looked at the guns.
"Wow," Goodsport said. "Are you guys expecting trouble?"
"Are you kidding?" Aragorn said. "We were born with it!"
"So what're we gonna do next?" Short Round said.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]