Re: To anyone that cares...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from spider-wc033.proxy.aol.com on July 24, 1999 at 12:22:46:

In Reply to: To anyone that cares... posted by Tessa on July 22, 1999 at 07:04:30:

: Ok, now that I've done my ramblings as nobody says. I thought since I'm here I'll let you know what's actually is the situation with my grandmother.

: You see, my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzhemier's and diabetes two years ago. It was pretty sad when I visited last when she didn't recognized me and thought my youngest brother (who's 9) was my other brother (who's 21). And also kept asking my mom about where my dad is (He died about nine years ago, shortly after my youngest brother was born.)

: About a year ago, my aunts and uncles (my Mom's family) got my grandma to the States on a health visa (since the medicine here in Poland is mediocre). My grandma didn't like it, she wanted to be back home with my grandfather and her farm. And much to everyone's dismay, Mom and I sent her back to Poland.

: About four months ago, grandma was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which is now terminal. My grandfather had send us a letter that my grandmother and grandfather both wrote that if something had happen to either of them medically and can not make the decision regarding their health, my mom and I were made proxies. Since my grandma wants to stay in Poland and to die at home, we've respected her wishes.

: But unlike the rest of my family, they are not too happy about, claiming my grandparents had no sanity when they made the decision. They have got a lawyer to overturn our rights. So with dealing with that, talking to doctors most of the day, and trying to go online to check on my web-development clients (I develop webpages on a free lance basis), I'm physically drained. We've brought my grandmother home yesterday from the hospital. The prognosis is not too great, she can go at anyone time now.

: So, there it is in black and white. I know this is a bit personal but I thought I'd let everyone know what was going on.

: Tessa

Im sorry for what is happening and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. -Reggie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]