What on Earth is happening here???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 25, 1999 at 04:49:12:

I know I risk getting flamed for this and some of you might even call for my expulsion from this forum but I have to say what's on my mind. The last few days especially this forum has turned into a very boring place to be. There's absolutely nothing going on here now except this forum novel which has nothing to do with Indiana Jones and seems to be more for the vanity of its various writers than for any attempt at creating something worth reading.
There are lots of places on the web for amateur writers to post their missives and unfortunately most fiction on the web is pedestrian and dull. The various forum novels on this site seem to fall into that catagory as well.
I used to be a little miffed that so many posts dealt with some item of Indy's wardrobe but at least those questions were legitimate and stayed within the forum criteria. This forum is supposed to be about the discussion of all things Indy.
If most of these attempts at fiction writing were submitted to Micah for putting on the Fan Creation page I think he would find them too amateurish to warrant inclusion.
I wouldn't mind the forum novels so much if they hadn't so overwhelmed this site and taken away the discussion of the things that the rest of us are interested in. I seriously doubt that this latest novel is being read by anyone except the various writers. It's effectively closed out those of us who aren't interested in reading it.
I hope that you guys will bring this forum novel to a quick and merciful end and that we can move on to new business.
I realize that anyone who dares to critisize the forum novel gets some variation on the sentiment, "Well, you don't have to read it." I agree and if some of you would post some other things for us to read then I wouldn't be complaining so much but so many people on this site seem to now have labeled themselves "Novelists" that they don't have time to discuss the niggling little details of the films and the legitimate novels.
I hope we can get back to old ways of this forum so we can all feel included.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]