Very cool. Thanks for the link. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sajnu from host-209-214-176-49.cae.bellsouth.net on July 25, 1999 at 22:54:59:

In Reply to: Something you all might find interesting... posted by ROB T. on July 25, 1999 at 22:43:32:

: A few days ago someone posted about possible influences for Indy in older films like "Casablanca" and "Lost Horizons." I was watching my copy of "Great Movie Stunts and the Making of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'" and Spielberg said something that interested me. He said that the first movie he ever saw was "Greatest Show on Earth." I saw this movie a few weeks ago and I thought at the time that Charlton Heston was dressed just like Indy. Same hat, same shirt, same pants, similar jacket.
: We also know that Indy is heavily influenced by the old serials of the thirties and forties. The video mentions one in particular, "Zorro's Fighting Legion." The idea for Indy's whip comes from this and one of the stunts in "Raiders," the one where Indy climbs under the truck, is a near-direct copy of a stunt from this serial; replace Indy's truck with a stagecoach and they're almost the same. I have "Zorro's Fighting legion" on tape and it is very cool. You can find it at Suncoast or Sam Goody for less than fifteen dollars.
: Anyway, I was on the web yesterday and I found an animated GIF of the stagecoach stunt from "Zorro" and I thought you all might like to see it and compare it to the truck stunt from "Raiders." The GIF is about twenty-five frames long and looks very cool. Just click on the link below.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]