Deirdre, you don't owe anyone an apology...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on July 26, 1999 at 00:43:04:

In Reply to: My apologies... and a possible solution. posted by Deirdre Campbell on July 25, 1999 at 23:46:30:

As someone else pointed out, you did not start the current Forum novel. You were just wishing goodbye to Tessa and someone else picked up on it.
I don't have a problem with forum novels per se, it's just that the current one has nothing to do with Indy. I remember back in May when everyone went nuts about all the "Phantom Menace" posts on this site. At least "Phantom Menace" has some connection to Indy in George Lucas.
The forum novels are fine if that's what everyone is interested in. The problem is that between thirty posts for each of the thirty chapters and the posts rounding all the past chapters together and everyone giving their opinions about each chapter, any other business gets buried. Within a few hours after someone posts a question about something they're interested in, their post is pushed down by posts about the forum novel and no one answers their question.
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like to respond to a post that's too far down on the forum because it feels like a waste of time. With it being that far down, I don't feel like anyone will read my response anyway. I get the feeling I'm not the only one who doesn't feel like digging around and responding to a post that might not get read.
I hope some real solution can be found for this since I'm afraid that some cool people might abandon ship if we can't find something here that interests us.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]