Indy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre from NS.SKYINET.NET on July 26, 1999 at 01:13:03:

In Reply to: Is anyone doing a chapter 30? (nm) posted by Indy on July 25, 1999 at 21:01:43:

Let's put an end to this novel. At least we should finish what we have started.

*sigh*
Deirdre
---------

30th chapter to the most controversial topic ever....

Neither Meg nor Indiana_Jerico, remembered witnessing the dark shadow enter the library. Mrs. Pemberely, the chief librarian wordlessly stood stupefied by her desk, without taking into particular notice the dozen of books that she had spilled unto the pristine white marble floor. As the cloaked figure strode in with two massive formidable machine guns, which he held firmly in each of hands, she opened her mouth to protest but her eyes turned white and she fainted even before the first gunshots erupted.

Instinctively Indiana Jerico grabbed Meg by the waist and dove for the nearest shelves. Tumultuous riot broke out as innocent bystanders sought shelter and ran for the exits. Loud wailing and screams were audible and Meg held her ears shut at the deafening roar of the machine gun. In horror she watched a young girl, who couldn’t be a year older than her, arch her body in pain as brutal bullets riveted into her body. It took Indiana Jerico every ounce of strength to keep her from bursting out into the open and confront the stranger.
Without uttering a word, for their eyes said everything, he handed her his magnum. He himself seized his semiautomatic and gave her a conspiring nod and they separated ways. From the corner of his eyes, Jerico watched her lithe body roll over to the opposite side of the library and immediately spring on her feet to take firing position. Impressive, he thought to himself.

In the meantime, most of the people who had been in library had either escaped past this blood-thirsty avenger or had found a safe hiding place behind a shelf or table. Occasionally he could still hear a whimper or a frightful moan.

The red-haired intruder moved to the center of the room and stood there stock-still, while his eyes that were hidden behind vicious Oakleys, surveyed his milieu calmly. His rasping voice, hinting of a crude Scottish accent, broke the icy silence, ”Agent Indiana Jerico! Come out you milksop! I know you are in here! I can’t wait to see yer face again after all these years!”

“Deirdre, Darling” Nobody mouthed, exhaling a cloud of murky smoke, and beckoning her closer. “See to it that Indiana James accomplishes his mission. My inhibitions tell me that his older brother Brett will obviously try to persuade him to change …”sides”. Hadn’t you had attached a detector on his jacket?”
Deirdre nodded. ”Yes, with a mini-camera as well, so we can monitor his actions.”
“Very good my dear,” he patted her shoulder, “now go and check up on him and the Fiddler, personally. I’ve made arrangements for you to catch the morning flight tomorrow to Poland. Incognito of course, no one is to know that you are in Poland.”

Michealson knew that something was awfully out of order even before one of his facilitators reached him and handed him the fax. He scanned the brief message briefly and picked up the phone.

“Aragorn! Watch out!” Indy exclaimed. Just in time Aragorn could step away from the window as the glass shattered into a million pieces and scattered aimlessly into the room. Debris of glass splitters tore into Indy’s arms as he threw up his hands to cover his face.
“You okey?” Aragon inquired with his back to him as he took aim at the gunmen hiding in the bushes.
Indy nodded grimacing and joined Aragorn by the fending off the gunmen. I’ve been through worse things, he muttered to himself.
Sudddenly they heard a loud crash from the back of the house and the thundering sound of footsteps and shouts of people barging in from the backdoor. Indy and Aragorn exchanged knowing looks as they stood up to face the intruders. It was clear that they were trapped. There was only one solution left…

Unbelievably Meg stared as Indiana Jerico strode out of the shadows, from behind the stack of children’s books. ” Nooo Jerico! He’s going to kill you!”
“Megan, I want you to stay out of this.” Indiana Jerico said calmly, his dark eyes looking her straight in the eyes. This had been the first time he had ever called her by her real name, she was about to comment but stopped herself. This was clearly personal.

“Aha!” the man scoffed as he scrutinized the black clad agent before him. “So chicken-heart shows himself finally!”
“I was wondering myself where you’ve been all this time.” Indiana Jerico stepped forward not letting go of his gun. The two men silently stood across from each other for what seemed eons.
“Hm, where’s your beautiful accomplice?”
“The girl stays out of this.” Jerico’s voice was merely a whisper yet its impact vibrated through the high ceiling and arches of the library.
“Woh-ho! Ever the chivalrous hero!” Mocking laughter resonated through the hall.
“You are going to pay for this, Groo!”
Megan sucked in her breath at the remark. So this was…
Groo threw back his red mane. “You haven’t changed at all, Jerico. You could’ve made a remarkable career with us, if it weren’t for you and your women…”
Meg couldn’t recall who fired the first gunshot. Suddenly the two men were shooting at each other while trying to evade the other’s firing range.
Not heading to Jerico’s warning she bolted out of her hiding place and took aim. Even before she could fire, a gunshot arose.
A scream. Then her body slumped to the ground.

The men filed into the house, after having broken in through the backdoor. They rushed into the kitchen, and scattered into the remaining rooms. After inspecting every room thoroughly, one of the men, took out his transistor radio. “Uhm…Delta1, here,” he announced, slightly hesitant, “Sir, they are not here! We’ve searched everywhere.”

Indiana Jerico fired once and hit Groo right below his heart. Another body fell to the ground.
Then it was still in the deserted library.

“Megan…” softly Jerico lifted her head, and examined her wound. Luckily the bullet had missed her chest by inches and hit in her upper arm. “You hard-headed idiot! What do think you were doing? I told you to stay out of this. You know what you are? A--.”
She silenced his lips with her hand. “Cursing won’t help. You better get me to a hospital.”

He deftly picked up her body and carried to the exit. In the distance the howling of the approaching police and ambulance could be heard.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]