Re: INDY IV

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from mariner.org on July 26, 1999 at 10:18:37:

In Reply to: INDY IV posted by Food for thought... on July 26, 1999 at 08:30:06:

: Based on input from a couple of sources within the Disney organization:

: The folks at WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) are in the process of designing a new attraction for Disneyland, which will uses the real estate freed up by the closure of the submarine rides in Tommorrowland. The new ride, which is said to be using the same state-of-the-art ride technology as the Indiana Jones Adventure (IJA) which opened in 1995, will have a “Lost Continent of Atlantis” theme, and is slated to open in 2003.

: WDI is working in conjunction with people from Lucasfilms in the design of the ride, supposedly because of the similar ride technologies used. This, however, is contradicted by documentation showing that Lucasfilm had noting to do with the ride technology used in IJA, other then final approval from a creative perspective. The type of work that would typically be done at this initial stage would be limited to assessment of the space requirements and layout of the storyboard. Along with the selection of the technology to be used, this would drive the initial capital budget for the project.

: If you read between the lines, and take into account the comments recently made to the press about “looking to the stars”, do we see the release of Indy IV in 2002 based on the Lost Continent story line with a tie-in to alien influence, ala Roswell?

: Food for thought…

Hey. At this point, I really don't mind which of the many rumored
storylines gets used in Indy 4. I just want the darned (I know that
profanity is frowned on in these parts) thing to get made. I'm sure
that everyone involved will make certain that it lives up to the high
standards of us Indyfans. Just my two cents.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]