Re: Which Stetson hat is the best?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-112.ispmodems.net on July 26, 1999 at 19:52:12:

In Reply to: Which Stetson hat is the best? posted by Shade on July 26, 1999 at 02:43:06:

: The Temple? The Indy? The Ark? The elusive Nostalgia? I know that's an incredibly subjective question, but I would love to hear some opinions, so I can make a better-informed (is that grammatically correct?) decision. If anybody can either respond on the list, or email privately, I would be very appreciative for any information! Thanks!

I've got two Nostalgias and think they're great. They don't look like a typical "fedora" hat that's sold these days. The crown is taller than most hats, and since it doesn't taper, it really has an Indy look. The ribbon looks nice, although it isn't an exact match to the movie hat. The brim looks like the right size too, it might not be exact, but it's really close. It is not a dimensional cut brim though. I steamed the sides of mine up and it looks sharp.

My brother is also a big Indyfan, and he thought the hat was perfect until I pointed out all the nitpicky details. I'm still looking to buy him one, he liked it that much.

I hope this helps you in your decision,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: