Re: Junior's Education

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Campbell from 206.142.100.3 on July 27, 1999 at 07:44:46:

In Reply to: Re: Junior's Education posted by graml on July 26, 1999 at 11:35:09:

:
: : Indy left for the border during his junior year right?
: : His venture to Mexico lead to 3 years of WWI & traveling.
: : He obviously did a lot of college (Chicago, Sorbonne, etc).

: : When did he have time to finish up; is this explained somewhere?

: : Which brings me to a comment--in general, Indy must have had
: : a fair amount of sabatical's during his career. Really though;
: : it seems like he would have needed a sabatical from adventure to teach--as he was constantly journeying around the globe.
: : If you throw the trilogy in with all of the books & other sources; it doesn't seem very likely that he could have had a dedicated career as a teacher.

: : John

: Hey. This has puzzled me too. The novels say Indy graduated college in 1920, making him roughly 21 years of age. I too graduated
: at 21, but I didn't spend most of my youth galavanting around the
: globe. Indy must've been one hell of a dedicated student (when he
: did find time to study), but became lax in his career as a professor.
: Perhaps George Lucas should've stuck with his original plan to make
: Indy a rich playboy. (I know this sounds foreign to us now, but maybe a super-rich adventurer wouldn't have to worry about things like professional credibility or next semester's classes.) Just my two cents.
: -graml

---

Yes, that's really a mystery. Another question: (correct if I am wrong) but didn't Indy study other languages? In some of his novels he ran decipher greek or ogham as well as understand several other languages, but in some novels the author gives him away as more of an uneducated scoundrel who didn't listen too well in his highschool classes... Hm...

Just a thought,
D.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: