Re: River Phoenix was a way better young indy than Sean Patrick Flannery!(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry jones jr. from 212.120.136.146 on July 27, 1999 at 17:10:33:

In Reply to: Re: Changes to Ij & the Raiders etc. posted by Goodsport on July 27, 1999 at 17:07:51:

: : I have been thinking that with Lucas' penchant for changing his projects after years of public enjoyment(ie the reissued Star Wars trilogy & the movie formerly known as Raiders of the Lost Ark) that their are two roads ahead.
: : I think it would be great if he would rerelease a new digitally altered version of Temple of Doom; one that wasn't so lame...maybe he could edit Willie Scott out altogether. And maybe he could replace the movie's Shorty with the one from our forum. He could change the ending of Last Crusade, mostly just what happens after Indy crosses the invisible bridge. I didn't think the Grail Solution or the old knight was very satsifying. It wouldn't take too much to fix that and make it a little snappier. While he is at it, maybe he can scrub the Ewoks out of Return of the Jedi, and make that movie palatable.

: : The other road, the one that I predict he will take, is to fix the problems with Raiders...excuse me, IJ and the Raiders etc. You know what I mean. That movie was way too intense and violent to be part of the new Indiana Jones movie series. He should replace all the action with the more cartoonish variety, like what's in Last Crusade. He could digitally remaster the truck chase so that it is more like the mine car chase in ToD. I'll bet there's a lot more that he could do to make it a warmer, fuzzier film. Changing the title isn't nearly enough to bring it down to the level of the other films.

: : (grinning mischievously)

:
: And perhaps digitally replacing River Phoenix with Sean Patrick Flaherty in The Last Crusade. :D

: >:)

:
: -G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: