Good Point

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive9h8.dialup.mindspring.com on July 27, 1999 at 18:31:02:

In Reply to: Robbing a church of God? posted by graml on July 27, 1999 at 13:50:51:

:
: : :
: : : : We should get together a small but heavily armed group of commandos and storm the supposed resting place of the Ark and if it's there, get it out of Ethiopia to be studied. I was thinking of using Humvees with .50 cal machine guns but actually helicopters might be better. We fly in off a ship and surprise them, then get out before they know what hit them. What do you think?

: : : : Cheers,
: : : : Abner

: : : Hey. Good Lord, man, you could've had a high-paying job with the
: : : Reagan Administration with that kind of thinking. I don't think the
: : : international community would stand for that kind of operation.
: : : Besides, the Ethiopians would put up one hell of a fight, I'm sure.
: : : Just my two (bleeding heart liberal) cents.
: : : -graml

: : If the Ark IS there, then we could sell it to the State of Israel or the Vatican for a good price. If not, then we found out that those Ethiopians were liars and the story was bull. Either way, the mystery is solved. If, hypothetically, the Ark was found for real, then I think the good it would do in turning the people of the world towards God would make up for the Ethiopians that were "collateral damage". I don't think the International Community could force us to give it back to Ethiopia because the Israelis would be desperately interested in having it. Besides, since when has the International community done anything effective with regard to Africa?

: : Something to ponder,
: : Abner

: Your last point is extremely valid. But to steal a holy treasure from a
: sovereign nation that has for millennia sworn to protect it does not
: seem the best way to turn the people of the world toward a religion
: that strictly forbids stealing. Just my two cents.
: -graml

I don't see how to get around that one. How do you find out if someone has the Ark if they refuse to show it to you? Unless...we had some of those "micro-robots" the size of insects with video cameras on them that could sneak inside and see what's in that monastery.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: