He

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive9h8.dialup.mindspring.com on July 27, 1999 at 18:41:32:

In Reply to: Madness! Madness! posted by Abner on July 27, 1999 at 18:40:11:

: : : :
: : : : : We should get together a small but heavily armed group of commandos and storm the supposed resting place of the Ark and if it's there, get it out of Ethiopia to be studied. I was thinking of using Humvees with .50 cal machine guns but actually helicopters might be better. We fly in off a ship and surprise them, then get out before they know what hit them. What do you think?

: :
: : : If the Ark IS there, then we could sell it to the State of Israel or the Vatican for a good price. If not, then we found out that those Ethiopians were liars and the story was bull. Either way, the mystery is solved. If, hypothetically, the Ark was found for real, then I think the good it would do in turning the people of the world towards God would make up for the Ethiopians that were "collateral damage". I don't think the International Community could force us to give it back to Ethiopia because the Israelis would be desperately interested in having it. Besides, since when has the International community done anything effective with regard to Africa?

: : Abner,

: : With all due respect, you are quite mad. We have neither the right
: : nor the reason to take the Ark by force. First, we don't know if
: : it's even there. Second, how can you justify killing people to take a relic in this day and age.
: : Would you have us return to the Crusades of yesteryear? Maybe that is where it "should"
: : be. You're just asking for your face to be melted off by the wrath of God.

: : It's a noble desire to want to discover the true resting place of the Ark, but the means you suggest are far from it.

: : --Micah

Oops- posted by accident that time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: