Tapering Stetsons etc.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-12.COL.cableone.net on July 27, 1999 at 18:58:59:

Just returned from the annual family vacation and noticed a discussion concerning Stetson hats. Sorry I missed that one, but I basically agree with the advice given. I owned a Temple and was really dissatisfied with the tapering crown. I ended up giving it away, but after reading Michaelsons post, I wished I had kept it. I really liked the dimensional cut brim and the color. As far as the Nostalgia is concerned, perhaps Stetson will offer a similiar hat, but one with a higher crown-like 5 1\2 inches. I have talked with Bobby Miller of Miller Hats some while back and voiced my opinion concerning a higher crowned fedora. I have also talked with Stetson several times and suggested that they manufacture a 5 1\2 inch crown hat in the fedora style. I am hoping that the new catalog will present one that fits this bill. For those who insist that the Nostalgia already sports a 5 1\2 inch open crown, I will refer you to their catalog. The Nostalgia is listed with a 5 inch open crown. I have just bought a scanner and if I can figure the contraption out, I will post a picture of a Nostalgia sitting beside my White repro. I like both hats, but Gary's is closer to Indy's hat. Also I was really impressed with the 4 pics of the HJ hat shown in Indy Gear. What a great looking hat! Wonder if this is their current offering? Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]