Uhm don't wanna sound like an ignoramus, but what's PAX? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from proxy1.cbu.skyinet.net on July 27, 1999 at 19:33:39:

In Reply to: I agree with your skepticism posted by Abner on July 27, 1999 at 13:39:55:

: : I'm curious as to how well done the documentary was done. What was the tone? Was it religious? Sensationalistic? Archaeological, as in scientific?

: : Just looking at some of the reviews at their website:

: : Monument Pictures

: : , plus the fact that it was on PAX, makes me think the target audience is religious groups. Not that I have a problem with that, just that I'm concerned that it may be more of a propaganda piece, rather than an informative one.

: : I just ask because I don't need to spend the $20 on the tape if its goal is to convince me of God's existence, as I already have faith in that matter. So, is this video is worth the price or should I just wait for the rerun?

: : --Micah

: I would be skeptical about such videos including the ones on the 700 club. If I had to guess, I'd say chances are they just rehash the theories we've already heard, and have more of a "proof of God's existence" theme. Anyway, I'm not going to donate $100 to Pat Robertson just for two videos.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: