Possession of the Ark

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from hide14.nhs.uk on July 28, 1999 at 05:43:36:

In Reply to: He posted by Abner on July 27, 1999 at 18:41:32:

Personally, I think if the Ethiopians really had the Ark, they would be parading it about (not the copy they DO parade about every year or whatever).

And if they do have it, then I don't think they have the right to conceal if from mankind. I think something as important as that should be available for all to see and should not be held to standing outside a wee building/temple imagining what it looked like.

Actually when I first saw the footage of the building and the old guy "gaurding" it, I thought he was easy meat until I realised there were armed troopes surrounding it out of view. Well luckily I never went after it then.

The other very important thing to remember is this: if you had the ark, and all it was a very brittle little wooden box, without any special features and didn't contain anything other than spiders and dust. Would you show it off? Also, it would break down a lot of people's perceptions of the Ark based on the biblical stories we are all at least aware of. It might come a bit of a dissappointment to see the real Ark as something you would throw in a fire because it happened to be in your road. Remember the choosing of the Holy Grail syndrome? "This is the cup of the King of Kings", which did look rather nice, but the reality (at least in Indy's world) was a very simple carpenter's cup.

If you're still awake, then this was my two pence worth.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]