Re: A matter of opinion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on July 28, 1999 at 06:18:06:

In Reply to: A matter of opinion... posted by ROB T. on July 28, 1999 at 04:27:42:

I loved all three films (maybe the first and the third slightly more than the second).

You're absolutely right about the first being the "definitive" Indiana Jones movie. It's the one that took itself the most seriously, and the one that most captured the dramatic feeling of the old serials (and in every way surpasing them).

Last Crusade was nice in that we got to see his interaction with his father, and through that we see a human side of him not seen in "Raiders". Showing that side of him would have been totally inappropriate in the first movie of the franchise where we're introduced to the hard-nosed adventurer, but by the third movie it was warranted.

In ToD, I think Short Round was inserted so the film could appeal to kids, who would feel good that someone "their" age could adventure like Indiana Jones. And although I thought the Nazis made better enemies, the Thugees were pretty formidable, and George Lucas should be commended for trying someone "different" as the enemy (so we don't think that all Indy fought were Nazis, and to show that there were evil enemies out there).

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]