Re: Tapering Stetsons etc.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adios Satipo from 149.82.21.162 on July 28, 1999 at 08:26:14:

In Reply to: Tapering Stetsons etc. posted by Steve on July 27, 1999 at 18:58:59:

: Just returned from the annual family vacation and noticed a discussion concerning Stetson hats. Sorry I missed that one, but I basically agree with the advice given. I owned a Temple and was really dissatisfied with the tapering crown. I ended up giving it away, but after reading Michaelsons post, I wished I had kept it. I really liked the dimensional cut brim and the color. As far as the Nostalgia is concerned, perhaps Stetson will offer a similiar hat, but one with a higher crown-like 5 1\2 inches. I have talked with Bobby Miller of Miller Hats some while back and voiced my opinion concerning a higher crowned fedora. I have also talked with Stetson several times and suggested that they manufacture a 5 1\2 inch crown hat in the fedora style. I am hoping that the new catalog will present one that fits this bill. For those who insist that the Nostalgia already sports a 5 1\2 inch open crown, I will refer you to their catalog. The Nostalgia is listed with a 5 inch open crown. I have just bought a scanner and if I can figure the contraption out, I will post a picture of a Nostalgia sitting beside my White repro. I like both hats, but Gary's is closer to Indy's hat. Also I was really impressed with the 4 pics of the HJ hat shown in Indy Gear. What a great looking hat! Wonder if this is their current offering? Steve

I agree on the crown height on the Nostalgia as compared to the HJ and White hats. As compared to everything in its price range, however, it blows the doors off those other hats out of the box. I wish I had known about taking the taper out as well, but the brim width was still not even close on the Temple and Ark that I had to evaluate.

"Adios Satipo..."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]